“First night Bad Next 4 night amazing”

Best Western Hotel Bristol
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Tenby, United Kingdom
“First night Bad Next 4 night amazing”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My first night here I had layed in bed making a list of all the things wrong , chicken vain 41/4 x 41/4 tiles , chipped vanity basin , shower mixer/ bath mixer with Acrylic taps at least 30 tears old , slim line water cistern so old it had faded to cream , walls and ceiling artexed rough finish and I could go on . I needed to leave for work at 7am and failed to have a proper shower , settled for cold rather than so hot had no skin on my Back .
Second night after I had mentioned my room I lay in bed making a list of what a fantastic room , I had been moved ,if you check my other reviews you will see I stay in some fantastic places with work , but this was a most amazing room , views to die for and luxury .I would say with out doubt one of the BEST ROOMS I have ever stayed in .Breakfast is brilliant , service great .I swam off the beach each Night .Nice to have a car Park .
If they will have me I'll be back

2 Thank 645richard
BWHB, Managing Director at Best Western Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review us. We are glad you had such a good stay after your first night. Iif you are unhappy with your room, we will always do our best to remedy any issues. We are currently trying to arrange a refurbish for many of our rooms so hopefully this will be happening soon. We are more than happy to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Set on the cliffs overlooking Newquay east bay and headlands, Best Western Hotel Bristol provides the perfect place to spend a night or two or a full holiday. views are wonderful and the setting of the sun has to be seen to be believed - one could be in the Mediterranean or Caribbean! The room we had was spacious, comfortable with a full bathroom with shower over the bath and extended into a turret at the front of the hotel. The hotel has been in the same family for 3 generations and we found all staff to be so helpful and committed to provide the best possible experience for guests. Breakfast in the main dining room with art deco finishes was a delight with choices including scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Plenty of parking at the rear and a small indor pool. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MacksieS
Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to reply to us. We are very proud of our views and feel privileged to be located here, so it is always nice to hear that our customers appreciate this also. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Dungannon
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel Bristol. Trip advisor

When you stay in as many hotels on an annual basis as I do, you can come to the belief that after a time one hotel is just like another.

Staying in this hotel I was proved very wrong. It was pleasing to be able to stay in a hotel where the owners are working hard to maintain a traditional approach in terms of quality and service.

It was pleasing that the restaurant offered linen tablecloths and napkins, and a high standard of customer care and attention.

There are a number of surprises in the hotel in terms of facilities, including a hairdressers, a small swimming pool, sauna and solarium.

The rooms are well appointed in terms of furniture and fittings, and my Only word of caution is in relation to the fact that during warm weather, as the rooms are not air conditioned, they can get hot, which may lead to an uncomfortable night's sleep.

The main business for the hotel seemed to be made up of coach parties from the continent. Given this, one can understand the need to ensure a high standard of quality and care.

The main restaurant offering for dinner costs around £20, with an additional £4 for starter and/or desert.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Overall, the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
1 Thank Tamnamore
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to review us. We always try to provide excellent customer service and are happy to stand out from other hotels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I would fully recommend this hotel to anyone. Although the decor was in parts a little jaded it was very clean and tidy and it was more than made up for by the staff who were helpful and courteous..and smiling! I would strongly recommend the restaurant as the food was excellent!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank SCSbristol
Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to review us. We are always delighted to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay, and we are glad that your enjoyed our restaurant food also. We are currently in the process of arranging refurbishments for many of our rooms to update the décor, so hopefully this shall be happening very soon. We are grateful for your recommendation and hope to see you again soon!
London UK
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel and found it exceeded my expectations in every way. The shining feature which makes it stand out most is the quality, friendly efficiency and professionalism of the staff, many of whom I understand have been working there for many years. From the charming owners, right through to the restaurant, reception, bar staff and chambermaids, they are a class act. We stayed in room 250, which was a lovely turret room with wonderful sea views, and the room was spacious with plenty of wardrobe and cupboard/drawer space, good lighting, table and easy chairs and fresh flowers. The bed was comfortable and the quality of linens good. The bathroom, although small, had a very good bath and overhead shower - my only slight negative being that we could definitely have done with some shelf space in the bathroom as there was only one tiny glass shelf. We ate in the restaurant on two nights and on both occasions the food and wine were really excellent - and the service efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. On the Sunday evening there was a live pianist playing in the restaurant, creating a lovely ambience. We had one bar lunch and the choice and quality of the light snacks we ordered was impressive. The hotel as lovely fresh flower arrangements throughout the public rooms and a lovely friendly and welcoming feel that is very pleasant. I have stayed in many supposedly 4 and 5 star hotels in this country who would come a poor relation to this excellent establishment - this place does not have any delusions of grandeur; it is just really excellent in an impressively understated way. Add to this it's excellent position, a carpark, and a swimming pool, and I feel it cannot be bettered in the district.

Room Tip: The seaview is spectacular - sunsets are lovely!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank LindaL.-7
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent location, view from my room was spectacular , I had the evening meal cream of mushroom soup home made really good, cheese omelette chips and salad, sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream , MMMMMMMMM

The service was really good, I have taken photos of the view and I have shown my husband we will be coming back, the receptionist Christine was very friendly giving lots of information on the area.

Room Tip: 245 sea views, you can lye on your bed as the windows are so low you can look out to sea.