“I had the pleasure to stay at the Atlantic Hotel recently.”
Review of The Atlantic Hotel

The Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
London, United Kingdom
“I had the pleasure to stay at the Atlantic Hotel recently.”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The Atlantic Hotel is absolutely beautiful, in a historic, majestic way. It looms over Newquay in a prominent position overlooking the sea. Many of the rooms are newly decorated, but the feeling of nostagia and timelessness is still felt.

I would return tomorrow if I could because it is a place of refuge or adventure, relaxation or cliffside walks. There is something for everyone!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2010

my husband and i stayed at the atlantic before and was very fond of the old place but that was the problem old....so we stopped our stays and went elsewhere.We returned for our anniversary recently and was so impressed with the changes ,the staff was so friendly and helpful,our room was amazing the food was fantastic ,we ate in silks restaurant and was so impressed we ate there again for lunch the next day,and on our last night drank cocktails in silks andi felt i was a vip especially as the barman was mixing all these lovely concoctions for us ...superb!!!! we,ll shall be returning and would recommend this hotel,and have done so in telling all our family and friends. just one thing to note,the hotel is in the middle of upgrading so the pool and some other minor areas are still needing some tlc but the hotel takes that in consideration and reflects that in the tarriff so another good reason for staying.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The service was really good they couldnt do enough for us. The food was stunning ,the room was big and clean with a lovely bathroom. We wanted to have a nice couple of chilled out days in a luxury hotel and that is what we got, it was what we hoped for and more.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The Atlantic Hotel dominates the skyline of Newquay and can be seen from almost anywhere in the town. Its excellent location gives it outstanding seaviews with wonderful sunsets. The rooms are very large and very well established with freeview tv, desk, chair, settee and, of course an extremely large bed! There is a mini bar in the room if you are in need of refreshment and wi-fi will shortly be available in all areas of the hotel. The bathroom, again, was large with a free standing bath and seperate step-in shower.
As for food, the breakfast range is outstanding and the evening menus somthing to be recommended, All in all a very comfortable and satisfing weeks holiday.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Initially I wanted to stay at the hotel where my conference was but due to cost avoided it and plumped for the Atlantic hotel. For the price I thought it would be a good location but a little run down. How wrong I was. The location is fantastic. The reception were staff excellent. My room( apparently a single) was immaculate with twin beds a huge plasma TV, bath robes and slippers. This has obviously undergone a recent refurbishment and they are still doing some of the window but it doesn't affect the internal structure.What was the catch? Oh! the view was only of the harbour and coast , unexpected novelty I thought. There must be a catch? The pool looked great, the decor was luxurious and the whole place made you feel very special indeed. I ate at the sushi bar that was mixed into the italian restaurant. Perfect for those who don't all like the same food. The decor in the front restaurant was very artistic. I took a drink on the balcony as the sun went down at sea, perfect. At breakfast I was asked if I wanted to take it on the small balcony overlooking the harbour. Breakfast was exceptional and I was glad I had shirt and trousers on because this place deserves a little respect, although they won't mind what you wear to breakfast. Where was the catch? There was none. I will be going back frequently for weekends due to this fantastic find and I will be recommending this to everybody if it were double the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Padstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2010

So Sushi sushi bar in Atlantic Hotel was an incredible disappointment. I am not normally a "write-a-review type" but I really thought it was necessary to let others know. The advertisements and features about the restaurant were grossly misleading. The sushi was pre-prepared, with no sushi chef IN SIGHT (our miso was made by one of the cooks that was in the ITALIAN restaurant's prep kitchen) there were only 6/7 varieties of sushi (one of which was tomato on a ball of rice!!! and all of which were bland and disappointing), absolutely NO fresh or raw fish at all, the rice was mushy, soft and gloopy, and the miso tasted like boiled water with that cheap bulk buy pre-mix miso paste that you can buy in a big jar from tesco. Absolutely terrible. We have always hated Tesco's poor attempt at Sushi, but after that experience we actually contemplated driving up the road to buy some. In the end we left and went home, thoroughly disappointed... and more than just a little hungry. 0/5

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MrPEM
bath
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We booked two rooms in june one for my parents and the other a family room for us. The room was very plush very nice decoration and bathroom. What spoiled it was the heat in the room. The windows don't open more than a crack and the room was boiling so much so I had to take the duvet out and just use the cover. My parents had a sea view and a bathroom window which opened, we were the other side with just one window. We were hot they weren't.

Breakfast the next morning was fantastic, a massive selection of hot and cold food with a fantastic view, I would go back but maybe more towards the Autumn when it was a bit cooler !

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family