2 people are viewing this hotel
£69
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
1,595 results
All reviews silks restaurant balcony suite breakfast chef sea view lovely hotel fistral beach breakfast was excellent outdoor pool town centre full english wedding cornwall coastline sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

The only thing that let this hotel down were the final touches.
Rawl plugs visible on tiles, screws perturbing from walls, coffee mug stain on the room’s desk. Things were not quite finished.
As a result, the room felt a little dirty, even though it probably wasn’t.
The one thing the hotel really lacks is air con. No ventilation in the restaurant meant breakfast was hot and stuffy. With only one lift, the walk up to the 3rd floor is made more arduous without any moving air.
With global warming inevitable and so warmer summers a more regular occurrence, the installation of air con would make for happier customers. I wouldn’t visit again unless I had to.

Trip type: Travelled with family
The Atlantic Hotel, Other at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Good morning,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave a review and for choosing the Atlantic,

In regards to your comments regarding the room we would love to know which room this was as we are not aware of this, nor was it raised with Reception I believe, or we would gladly have looked to address this for you during your stay. All our rooms are immaculately cleaned and I can assure you would not have been dirty.

Our Restaurant Silks Bistro and Champagne Bar has opening doors out onto our Terrace tables and is well ventilated so I am presuming you mean the dining room for your breakfast. Cornwall is currently in the middle of an extreme heatwave with temperatures hotter than the Bahamas so the hotel is warmer than usual.

Again thank you for your review and we will indeed take on all comments. We hope you had a great stay here in Newquay and wish you a healthy and happy rest of the year. Kind regards.

Reviewed 20 July 2021 via mobile

First of all I would like to say almost everything here was perfect, the staff were friendly and helpful the whole time. I can't fault a single one of them.

The amenities provided were welcome, easy to book and use.

The decor if the hotel, albeit not my style, was fitting and eye catching, and for the most part very clean and the same can be said for the room which isn't necessarily easy to achieve in those covid times

The breakfast was always promptly delivered with a smile and nothing was ever too much for the staff. Happy to help with any request.

We booked the resteraunt one evening, and I must say both my wife and I were very pleasantly suprised. My pork belly was cooked to absolute perfection and compliments to the chef, it was top, top quality food. We were apprehensive on the price but it was well worth.

Our room was clean, very large and spacious with a large bathroom which was a very nice change from the normal when it comes to hotels!

The views were beautiful. We're an active couple and there was gorgeous long walks to be taken in each direction, a lot of relaxing outdoor space and only minutes away from the beginning of town.

Now for the kicker. The heat in our room (310) has been unbearable and it may seem harsh to downgrade the score by 2 stars for something out of your control (we happen to be here during a big heatwave, it's 25-29°C each day) but it's like walking into an oven from the hallway to our room. Neither my wife and I can get anything remotely close to a good night's sleep, and at the end of the day the most important part of a hotel is sleeping! We just feel so exhausted from not being able to sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time without waking up in a torrent of sweat. It's quite honestly the hottest room I've ever been in, and it's such a shame as this is easily a 5 star review without that. Everything else is faultless.

We are still here at the hotel a few more days and will update the review if something changes. We asked for a fan yesterday but we're told none available until today. That may change things!

Excellent hotel on every front. Just not when the weather is close to 30°C!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Atlantic Hotel, Other at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Good morning,

And please allow us to thank you for such a detailed and lovely review,

Your kind words mean the world to our staff, we pride ourselves on our staff so as always to hear such lovely comments regarding them is a testament to their hard work. We are delighted you were so happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and your room as it is something we have been striving to make the best possible during as you mention difficult times.

I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding your enjoyable experience in our restaurant Silks Bistro and Champagne Bar and are delighted your meal was delicious and good value for money. The hotel views are indeed beautiful and we feel unrivalled in Newquay so it's great to hear you loved them as well as our location which as you say is so close to the vibrant town but also has many beaches.

We totally understand your comments regarding the current heatwave. Cornwall is currently hotter than the Bahamas. We will look to arrange this fan for you today to rectify this issue and thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

We were booked in to three rooms I had the single.
The review is for my experience being in room 303.
First of all on arriving at the hotel the staff were friendly and very helpful.
The room being on third floor as great views of the bay and spa.
Room was tidy and clean.
Bath towels were replaced daily in which was a bonus.
The only criticism I can make is room 302 television is bolted to the wall and unfortunately the guest in their had it turned up loud!
If I was staying longer I would have raised the issue.
The breakfast was great.
Waiting time minimal and staff again friendly.
Location amazing.
Beach a ten minute walk away.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your recent lovely review,

We are delighted you were greeted with our traditional warm Cornish welcome by our reception team. The third floor does indeed have some simply spectacular views and we are extremely happy you enjoyed them. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments regarding the room cleanliness and housekeeping to our team as they are working harder than ever during this current difficult period.

All Televisions are indeed wall-mounted and whilst the volume a guest was playing the Television is not something we can control, if you had raised this with our team we would have been glad to try and resolve this issue for you.

Thank you again for choosing to create your memories with us here and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Wishing you a happy and safe rest of the year. Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 July 2021

Had a weeks stay in a superior sea view room with balcony. Restaurant and bar staff were excellent and very helpful especially Claire and Christian who looked after Silks restaurant and bar.
Breakfast was a great choice and served promptly.
My only gripe would be the cleanliness of the room. You have a choice to have the room cleaned daily or have supplies (clean towels etc) left in a bag outside the room every day. We chose to have the room cleaned once mid week so I always leave certain things to see if the room has been cleaned, or not, as we were especially conscious due to the Covid situation. Cup stains were left on the sink, toilet cistern, dressing table and bedside table and, after cleaning was done they were still there, not to mention the sock on the floor under the chair, left by a previous occupant, and the layers of dust on the heated towel rail.
It is a shame that this hotel, in a wonderful location and with very accommodating staff, are let down with the cleaning.
We ended up cleaning the room ourselves as we had taken plenty of disinfectant wipes.
Feedback was given to reception on departure so I don't know if any action was taken.
We won't stay here again as it was due to Covid that we chose this 'Staycation' but I wanted to mention our concern in case future residents encounter the same.

Room tip: Pick a sea view if you can
Date of stay: July 2021
The Atlantic Hotel, Other at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2021

Good morning and thank you for leaving such a detailed review.

Once again the kind words and feedback for our staff is extremely heartwarming. Currently working harder than ever these kind comments really do make a difference to our team here.. We are delighted you loved Silks Restaurant and Champagne Bar along with our Atlantic Breakfast.

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your room and we will look into this immediately, as this doesn't reflect our usual extremely high standards. With current government guidelines and the recent high cases in Cornwall, we acted on the safety of our guests by limiting contact and offering care packages for the room. Once government guidelines allow we will be back to our usual procedures but we thank you for raising this issue and we will as mentioned look into this.

Thank you again for your lovely words and we wish you a safe and happy rest of the year. Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for my birthday. Unfortunately we were a little distrupted by the G7 summit going on. However, the staff were fantastic and provided a great service. Nothing was too much trouble which was great. The spa facilities were 10/10 and the room was just as good too. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would 100% come back to stay! Just excellent!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. We understand you visited during the G7 summit and an
extremely busy time but we made a huge effort to ensure all our guests felt they received the same attentive and kind service they would any other time, so we are delighted that shone through.

Kind words regarding our staff appear in every review yet we never tire of hearing it as it means the world to us all to know our guests enjoy their stay and that the hard work is noticed. I will pass on your nice words regarding how much you enjoyed the spa facilities to our spa team also.

We look forward very much to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards.