Lowest prices for your stay
£85
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
£68
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
No booking fees
1,595 results
All reviews silks restaurant balcony suite breakfast chef sea view lovely hotel fistral beach breakfast was excellent outdoor pool town centre full english wedding cornwall coastline sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023

We were staying local for my birthday my son booked an afternoon tea, told on the phone that we had a well behaved dog they said this was no problem.
We were stuck in a room that looked like a trip back the the 80 where there was old dirty cups and biscuits left on the table. No back ground music we could just hear the fridge motor running. Afternoon tea was spoilt.

Room tip: Save your money and avoid
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Atlantic Hotel, Other at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

Dear Kelly,

I hope this message finds you well. Firstly, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Atlantic Hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and use it to continually improve our services.

I am truly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We hold very high standards for our customer experience and service, and it is clear on this occasion, we have fallen short. Please note we take all feedback on board and your comments will be passed on to the relevant department.

We would love the opportunity to rectify these issues and hope you would consider giving us another opportunity to host you. Please feel free to contact our management directly at management@atlantichotelnewquay.co.uk if you would like to discuss your comments further or if there is anything more we can do to address your concerns.

Thank you for your time, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2023

The hotel was spacious and a bit dated ,but the staff seemed to have had good training were very polite and attentive which made for a good atmosphere the bedroom was large and had a sea view.————————-

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Country Garden,

I hope this message finds you well. Myself and the team want to extend our sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Atlantic Hotel. We are thrilled to hear your enjoyed our hotel and appreciate your positive comments about our staff - we will ensure your kind words are passed on to the relevant departments and staff members.

Once again, thank you for choosing The Atlantic Hotel and for the time you have taken to craft this review. It would be a privilege to host you again in the future. If you have any special requests or would like assistance with future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact us on info@atlantichotelnewquay.co.uk

Reviewed 20 September 2023

The views were great, after climbing the hill. The reception looks renovated but everything else in the hotel isnt.

Didnt realise we booked a 'poolside' room, which you need to go through a door with a code, then walk alongside the pool then to the room.

The room is very warm, was going to use the small fan but as with most of the room there was a thick layer of dust which if turned on would then just spread in the room and for someone with allergies and asthma would be a bad situation.

The TV had a visible layer of dust (also if you see 'dusty :(' on your screen it hasn't been cleaned since my visit) , the side lamps too which doesn't help with the pleated paper design which creates more surface area for the dust to cling to. Then the wire of the room phone, thick layer of dust.

Room had kettle with tea bags, mini fridge, small water bottles.

restaurant didnt seem to be nice, and so many choices elsewhere.

Know for my next visit to newquay where to avoid.

Dear 2022,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our superb location, we are truly blessed to have the views we do.

Unfortunately, because our pool is accessible from the exterior of the hotel, for health and safety reasons we have to keep this keycoded. This ensures only hotel and spa guests have access to the pool.

I am truly sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room. We hold very high standards for ourselves when it comes to cleaning, and we are saddened to hear we have fallen short on this occasion. Please rest assured the issues you have raised will be rectified immediately.

Reviewed 20 September 2023 via mobile

Such a beautiful hotel albeit a little dated, but we loved it all the same.
We checked in for a 2 night stop whilst seeing friends and enjoyed a lovely dinner on our second night. Great service and very polite.
The views from our room allowed us to see out to the Atlantic Ocean which was very dramatic with a storm arriving late weekend. All in all a surprising and enjoyable stay. Thank you.

Room tip: The lift wasn’t working so check if you need this before arriving.
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Simon,

I hope this message finds you well. Myself and the team want to extend our sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Atlantic Hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our views across the ocean and our Silks restaurant.

Guest satisfaction and enjoyment are at the heart of what we do here, so it is truly lovely to hear we were successful in making your stay memorable. We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be polite and friendly - we will ensure your kind words are passed on to the relevant departments and staff members.

Reviewed 16 September 2023

After enjoying the beautiful sunset drive down to the hotel things got worse and worse from the moment we arrived.

Upon arriving to the hotel my wife and I checked in and all seemed well, a nice well presented entrance.

We got asked to pay on check in. Thinking it was a bit strange but we did as requested. (We can now see why they want to take your money before you check in and see the dirty, dated falling apart hotel).

We got told we were on the 3rd floor in the sea view room we booked. Excited to see the view we rushed up to the room… upon opening the room door we were met with an unpleasant smell. Thinking maybe because it’s been warm we’d open the windows to get the fresh air in. Walking over the the window the smell got worse, as I move the curtain I saw the problem, mouldy curtains.

As we where in a rush to get down to our dinner reservation I asked the night manager if she’d be able to get this sorted after showing her the photos along with a requested to hover the room as it clearly not been done prior to our check in. I was assured this was going to be sorted while we “enjoyed”dinner.

Arriving in the restaurant we where met my a present waitress who all night single handily surveyed every table. The wait time for drinks and food were beyond a joke because they had one waitress who was quite literally running up and down to try and keep up.

We finished our pretty average meal and paid to head back to our now “clean” room.

We arrived back to see the curtains rubbed down with a damp cloth not really doing much, and no hovering complete. While I was checking the room my wife went in to use the bathroom to lift the loo seat to see what I can only describe as the reminisce of an explosion from someone’s back passage.

Seeing this I went back down to talk to the night manager who assured me she personally cleaned the curtains and hovered. Well her hovering matched her halfhearted curtain cleaning. After her poor attitude telling me the cleaning had been completed I requested a hover so after spending £400 for a 2 night stay I’m now hovering my own room while someone else is cleaning the explosion in the toilet.

After an horrendous night sleep as they had a wedding with loud music going on till 2330 we thought we’d wake up to a fresh start and better service.

Going into the bathroom for my morning shower I turned it on and was once again greeted by another unpleasant smell as the plug hasn’t seen any cleaner/bleach for a long time.

We went down for breakfast where we sat for a good 20 minutes to receive our coffee. We then got told by the waitress she’d be back to take our cooked breakfast order. We helped ourself to the continental breakfast. While we waited and waited andddd waited I thought I’d go to reception to see about the room change we got told that would take place once the wedding party checked out our.

After a good 10 minutes with the operations manager my wife messaged to say people where getting seated and served and we still hasn’t placed our cooked breakfast order. The manager offered to come and see what the issue was on the way back into the restaurant after now 15 minutes with the manager my wife was walking out after being totally ignored.

A full refund was given and we swiftly left a day early.

Don’t be fooled by the lovely photos save your money and stay in the local travel lodge you’ll have a clean room and better service.

Dear Chris,

I am truly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. You have raised a number of issues which we will be sure to pass on to the relevant departments so we can rectify these issues. Our goal is for every guest to have an enjoyable and memorable experience with us, and we are saddened to hear we have fallen short on this occasion.