“Excellent evening meal, not so good afternoon tea”

The Terrace at the Headland
Ranked #75 of 246 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently had an evening meal at the terrace with my husband and everything was excellent, the food, service and ambience. We were so impressed we booked to go back for an afternoon tea. This was on a sunny busy Saturday afternoon and the service and standard of food was not as good as we'd had before, which was disappointing. Our order was wrong, the service was slow and it didn't leave up the 'experience' it is advertised as. But would definitely go back for an evening meal.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Five of us ate here. Two of us had half lobster from the specials board. It was the smallest lobster I have ever seen. I'm sure it must have been illegally caught because of it's size, which was not much bigger that a man's middle finger. The claw was missing altogether. A great shame because this is a great place to dine with good views of the sea and beach. The manager was apologetic when I complained, and took it off the menu. Might give it a second chance some day.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent!! Everything was superb here. The food, drink, service and views. It was a most enjoyable place who watch the surf!!

1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a lovely meal at The Terrace. The bar is very comfortable, the service is extremely friendly and, when we moved into the restaurant itself, the service was swift and efficient. The meal was excellent value for money.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Nice food, lovely location overlooking fistral beach.
Food was nice but expensive. A gin and tonic was £9.40 so be warned.
Would I return? Probably not as I think you can get the same standard of food and views at Lenniwick lodge for a much more reasonable price.