“Nightmare!”
Review of Kandi Lodge

Kandi Lodge
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Firstly the location is great, near to everything. Unfortunately that's the only positive from the weekend. Rooms were tiny with flimsy bunkbeds. Clean but small. We were hassled for the money on arrival. Half the group were in the town so a few of us went to secure the rooms. They wouldn't let us in until everyone came. The staff were quite rude about this. Later on the night the owner/manager wouldn't let a few of the group in because of a forgotten key. Instead of sorting it out calmly he physically attacked a member of the group and bit his leg! The police were called and a massive argument ensued. This guy is an absolute joke and its a wonder how this business functions. On departure he made it difficult to retrieve our £20 deposits.
To conclude if you go to newquay avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed in a double room last weekend, and was really impressed. The room was excellent. It was spacious, clean and had a very nice bathroom. We hired wetsuits and surfboards for a bargain at £8, and the lodge is in a great location just 5 minutes walk from the beach. The hospitality was superb and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This place did exactly what we required, which was to provide a clean, secure and budget place for my friends and I to sleep during a stag-weekend to Newquay. Location, was again, spot-on and well in line with the super-low price per person. The fact that there was no breakfast per se was no issue, because the unbeatable value at the Wetherspoons was to be found just around the corner on the main drag.. That said, there were facilities for making your own tea/coffee/toast etc. in the handy little reception/hangout room, as well as there being a fridge for storing the cheese sandwiches and our bottle of vodka. We received a warm welcome on arrival and had nothing but positive vibes from the two staff whilst we were there. I was impressed with the attention to finer details prevalent throughout the establishment, in spite of the relative simplicity of the place. A very well thought-through business. The fact that the place was coloured orange *and* in very good taste says a lot to me personally. I will admit I have stayed in 'better' places in Newquay, yet for the price-point the value this joint offers is quite simply untouchable in my opinion. Loved the subtle 'Kandi' theme, having had a cracking night at one of the DJ's gigs in Portugal only last year... This lodge does the artist's brand integrity proud, or possibly even a favour! I think someone was complaining that the toilet-roll holder was too close to the seat, but I reckon he was probably just a slightly too-big human being for that to be much of an issue :-D Five out of Five for sure. Will certainly recommend to anyone who wants to listen, if not head down again at some stage. Many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over the Easter holidays and found the location to be perfect for everything that we needed including local bus connections, nightlife, places to eat and walking to the beach.

The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped with everything that we could possibly need for our stay.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the price that we paid was very reasonable.

We would without a doubt go back to this hostel if in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Group of us stayed here for a hen do. We only booked the night before as another lodge let us down. All our day events had been cancelled too but the staff at Kandi Lodge manage to organise us some day activities. They organised surf boards and kayaks for us on the first day to get us out in the water..... Very good cure for a hangover!!!
Very central location with no taxi's needed to town just a minute walk. The rooms are very clean and modern. Tea and coffee provided throughout the day free of charge. Would not hesitate in staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for my stag weekend along with 15 of my friends and absolutely loved it! The location is 5 min walk from all the bars and also the beach. The lodge is budget and you get what you pay for, but it was clean and the owner was a legend. We went surfing and it cost us £8 each for the hire of the stuff and had a really good day. The only downside to the venue is that it has no real communal area, there is a small room which doubles up as the reception which was ok but a bigger roomwwold have been better.the dorm style rooms were once again quite small but was fine to crash. I had an amazing weekend and couldn't fault the owner/staff, they were really chilled and friendly. overall i would recommend this place for people on a budget or stag/hen weekend! Thanks guys

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank kevinmoran
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed at Kandi Lodge on my stag do with 13 friends. We were split into 3 rooms, 2 with bunks for 4 people and 1 with bunks for six. All rooms were on suite, comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly but not intrusive in any way. Nice little extras were free tea and coffee facilities, freeview tv in rooms and large hot showers. I would recommend this accommodation to any group of friends and Newquay is a great place to go out and have some fun!

• Stayed: September 2011