“Good food, horrible service”
Review of Bank St Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bank St Bar & Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Me, my boyfriend and another couple went there for a meal, menu was really attractive, so we sat inside and immediately were told that they didn't have a few things of the menu. We said it was not a problem. So we choose our drinks and starters. The waitress who took our order was not really professional when she sat down the next table while taking the order. When our starters arrived we all ate, and later realised that we were not provided napkins. The waitress apologised. So I decided to get a cocktail, I called the waitress, she simply smiled for me and walked away! So I called another waitress who was on the bar, talking really loud about 'what she is going to be doing tomorrow', she came to us, and I ordered my cocktail, and she said she didn't really know how to make that, so I would have to choose one that she knows. I decided just to have a juice, which wouldn't be that hard I guess. So when we ordered our mains she said she didn't have that food as well, but she didn't mention that food before. While ordering she went to the chef a few times to check if they had that food. It was a horrible experience but at least great burgers.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

These are honestly some of the best tasting and best value burgers that I have ever had. The homemade inferno sauce is fantastic ... finding a good, fresh, smokey yet spiced, non chemical tasting jalapeño sauce is a rare thing and the patties are excellent. Service was incredibly friendly, laid back and welcoming. This is the only place to have lunch in the centre of Newquay!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great range of choice with specials midweek and so yummy! There was nothing that I did not like about it.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We ate here as a big group of 22. We didn't have to prebook and they even held our table for us as we were running late.

The menu was great, we ordered a beetroot and halloumi salad and a vege platter to share and these came fast and were fresh and hot. The food was absolutely brilliant and very enjoyable, and all of those in our party agreed whether they had had the steaks, salads or burgers. Great value for money but hadn't scrimped on quality.

Staff were very attentive and patient with us settling our bill. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Found by accident and ticked all the boxes for a family evening meal. Husband had ribs, I had mussels & the kids had burgers, plus nachos to share. Would definitely recommend & the service was excellent.