“Fantastic Teacher Fantastic Lesson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surfing the Dream Surf School - CLOSED

Surfing the Dream Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing the Dream offers private surf lessons for individuals, small groups and families. Our personalised surf lessons are individually designed to suit every client. We only specialize in small groups and individuals and we are flexible with the times and location of the lesson, taking into consideration surf conditions and tides.
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Teacher Fantastic Lesson!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have always wanted to learn to surf but had never gotten around to it until a holiday in Newquay. I had my very first one-to-one lesson with Mat!!I did feel a bit old (edging into my late 30's) but this was no problem. Mat went through the safety side of things and basics before going in the water. That's when the fun started! After quite a few attempts I finally got it, stood up and rode a wave!! I couldn't believe it!! And then I did it again!!! I really never thought that anyone could teach me to surf in such a short time and the best thing was Mat was just as chuffed as I was!
If you want to learn to surf, book a lesson with Mat. He is independant so a bit more flexible than the surf schools, a very good teacher, professional, patient, funny (and quite cute!). Don't dream it go and do it. I may even try again at home in Northumberland! Thanks Mat!

Visited May 2012

Bodmin
“a really good experience!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I didn't think I'd get very far on my first attempt at surfing, but Mat was really helpful and encouraging and he spent lots of time helping me to get the best out of my lesson. I even managed to stand up, which I never thought I'd do! Highly recommended to anyone of any age or fitness who wants to try it
Dings

Visited June 2012
newquay
“had a great lesson!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I had the 1st surf lesson of my life, one to one with Matt. The beggining of the lesson, he taught basic knowledge about surfing which is very important especially for a beginner. By the end of lesson, I successfully stood a few times! I've been surfing several times since I had the lesson,and I feel I'm improving. So glad to have had my 1st lesson with Matt. Having a great time in Newquay. Thank you!

Visited June 2012