“Like a Dream!”
Review of Surfing the Dream Surf School - CLOSED

Surfing the Dream Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing the Dream offers private surf lessons for individuals, small groups and families. Our personalised surf lessons are individually designed to suit every client. We only specialize in small groups and individuals and we are flexible with the times and location of the lesson, taking into consideration surf conditions and tides.
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I came down to newquay for a few days last week, I stayed in the lodge and booked a lesson. Kirsteen and mat are very welcoming and friendly! Make you feel at home as soon as you step in the door!The lodge is very clean, with access to a kitchen, tv and lots of dvds ( good when your on a budget, not spending too much money eating out or on entertainment) I had a one on one surf lesson with mat last week. I must say it was something I always wanted to do, but tended to put off, not being so confident in water, nor the sporty type really. But thought I would give it a go anyway! - so glad i did!!

Mat really put me at ease about the whole thing. Prior to getting in the water went over sea safety an awareness, he talked over everything clearly as to what was going to happen during the lesson and when we got into the water everything seamed to click. I'm not the fastest learner, mat was very patient but encouraging. I felt very safe and could really tell mat knew exactly what he was talking about, helping correct small things I was doing wrong which really affected, the success rate of catching the wave! I did manage to stand up in my first lesson, which i wasn't expecting! So if i can do it, anyone can!

I will be back for more lessons soon with my boyfriend and other friends, Cannot recommend more highly!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My boyfriend and I are from germany- so sorry for any wrong grammar :)
We went to Newquay from 1st of until the 6th May. We are absolutely beginners and booked a surf lesson on the 2nd of May. We enjoyed it so much that we booked another one on the 4th :)
Mat and Kirsteen are absolutely nice, patiently, helpful and motivating the whole time. He a lot of experience and he want pass as much as possible to you ( tailored to your personal skills).We can absolutely recommend to go to Mat! He is the best! By the way: on the 5th we bought our own wetsuits :)
Thank you Matt and Kirsteen for this great experience!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We returned to Newquay for the bank holiday weekend after having our first ever surf lesson with Mat last November we were hooked and needed to return for more surfing! We had no doubts about booking another lesson with Mat at surfing the dream and he definitely did not disappoint. The lesson was perfectly tailored to our ability and after a brief theory lesson we set our objectives together and go straight into the water! We learnt loads and came back onto the beach to learn about how to turn! The lessons are mainly spent in the water which is brilliant as when you're on holiday you want to maximise your time surfing, not talking.

Mat is a brilliant instructor, he's really informative and cares that you actually progress!

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Definitely the best surf lesson ever! Got lucky cause the first day I was there, I was the only lesson they had, so got it totally personalized! Mat was great! Spent the first 45mins explaining what I was doing wrong and how to do it right. As a result when we got out into the water I was able to stand up (with help) on the second wave I tried, and by the end of the two days that I was there, I was actually able to paddle and catch a wave all by myself! Would totally recommend Surfing the Dream to anyone wanting to learn to surf, or even if you already do - you will learn so much!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Adults and kids alike had a fantastic expereince learning to surf (all for the first time) with Matt on Great Western Beach. The weather could have been a lot better, but we didn't notice because Matt kept us engaged and busy throughout our lesson. We were a large group of 9, but Surfing The Dream had equipment for us all.

Matt's instruction kept a perfect balance between fun and professionalism and he got some of us standing up in our first lesson (from never having surfed before). This has definately given us the taste for more and we'll be back to Surfing The Dream next summer without a doubt.