“Great to be back”

Fistral Beach Surf School
Ranked #4 of 45 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the only surf school located on the famous Fistral Beach, offering 2 hours for all abilities. Whether you are a beginner who wants to give surfing a go for the first time, or someone who wants to improve their surfing ability, we will have a variety of lessons from group to individual courses. With a pay and display car park and no walking to and from the beach, Fistral Beach Surf School is the perfect choice.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We were back in Newquay so revisited Fistral beach surf school, had a fabulous time! We got all the equipment for the day with a lesson in the morning, so much fun!! We will be back again, as before the instructors were great and all wetsuits were lovely and warm. Completely exhausted at the end of the day though!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I have never surfed before and booked two lessons. The staff were so friendly and helpful (as they all are in Fistral) and set me at ease instantly.

Within two lessons I was standing up more often than not. Although the waves were only very small, it didn't matter as the instructors were so good, you still saw the value in in catching the waves.

I would recommend this to anyone. The cold isn't a factor because of the wetsuits. Believe me, I was worries about this! My feet were cold for 30 seconds and that was all.

If you are at all contemplating this, and u must be if you're reading this, book now!!! You won't regret it!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Right on the beach, first class equipment, friendly and competent staff - Dani, our instructor was very good with me (I seemed to be glued to my board when the waves came and it was time to push up and stand …) and with the girls, one of them was rather sceptical in the beginning whether this is fun or torture and the other one was experienced … he dealt with it all with a smile and we all enjoyed it immensely. The surf school had a photographer on the beach who produced some evidence of our surfing experience … all together it was a wonderful and memorable experience. Can't wait to get back on a board on Fistral Beach ….

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a brilliant time learning how to surf, we had two lessons and on both occasions both myself and my boyfriend managed to stand up surfing. The tuition was great, gave us a good technique to begin with and then provided more tips of how to improve when in the water. Both instructors were very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. With this school being on the beach you get more time in the sea than others as they have to walk to the beach cutting into their surfing time.
Overall we both thoroughly enjoyed surfing and would highly recommend and would go to them again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked the surfing session as part of a hen weekend. Absolutely fantastic time - our instructor Lee was excellent, especially as we had such a wide range of abilities! As it was March we were worried about being cold but by the time we were all kitted up we were all toasty and warm. GREAT value for money with group discount and hen discount - definitely recommend!