“Second time here, won't be the last! ”

Fistral Beach Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the only surf school located on the famous Fistral Beach, offering 2 hours for all abilities. Whether you are a beginner who wants to give surfing a go for the first time, or someone who wants to improve their surfing ability, we will have a variety of lessons from group to individual courses. With a pay and display car park and no walking to and from the beach, Fistral Beach Surf School is the perfect choice.
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I have created a Trip Advisor account (with a ridiculous user name naturally) purely to write this review. Myself and my chap visited here today for a lesson. I had visited the surf school two years previously and had excellent tutelage from the lovely Dan, so I was very happy to hear that we would be in his care once more. I had fairly recent surf experience but my partner hadn't been near a board for twenty years. Dan was brilliant with us; he had an easy to understand teaching style and offered plenty of encouragement, which soon saw us both standing up on waves (much to my partner's surprise and delight!). We had so much fun, the lesson flew by and we couldn't stop grinning. If you are in the area and considering going for a surf lesson then I highly recommend Fistral. The beach is beautiful, the quality of teaching very high and the bar is right next to the school for that well-earned post surfing pint! Speaking of which, Dan, we owe you a pint, thank you!

FBSurfSchool, Front Office Manager at Fistral Beach Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hey PickleThePixie (great name)

Glad to hear that your second experience with us was still just as good!

I'm sure Dan will hold you to that pint.

All reviews
"catching waves"
"clear instructions"
"explained everything"

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My girlfriend and I went to Cornwall for a weekend and couldn´t resist to try surfing in Newquay. We got the beginners lessons with Dani who was incredibly helpful and patience with us and the other people in the lesson. By the end of the lesson both of us were able to stand on the board and even do small turns. We are definitively going surfing again. We really think that this is a must in Newquay. Thanks to Dani for an amazing experience.

Hey Jose,

Looks like you excelled in our beginner lesson, maybe we'll have to upgrade you to an intermediate lesson for your next session!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Took the wife surfing for the first time. Had a private lesson with Coco, very patient and explains everything very well. Both my wife and I ended up surfing more than we expected. Will definitely be returning.

Hey Pete,

Coco has the patience of a saint! Can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my mate had never been surfing before and came to Newquay on a whim to learn to surf. Typically for us, we turned up quite late to the session but were well looked after, plied with equipment and packed off down to the beach. The lesson was so good. Our instructor, Dan, was encouraging, fun and really helpful for us total beginners! He even had us standing up on our boards (with reasonable success) by the end. We had a fab lunch recommended to us by the school and surfed for the rest of the afternoon. Exhausted now but very happy and both convinced we are going to be pro-surfers very soon. Would recommend to anyone.

Hey Harriet,

Stoked to hear you had a good time with us! Maybe next year we'll see you competing in the Boardmasters Surf Competition ;)

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Had a our first surfing lesson for 2 on 6th Sept which was such fun. It was throwing it down with rain when we arrived and we expected to be very cold during the lesson but by the time we started it had stopped raining and the sun came out. We had wet suits on and the sea was warm - at no time were we cold. Liam was our instructor - what a positive lad - he gave brief but clear instructions and then we were on the water during which he gave praise, help and positive comments to help improve our technique. By the end we both managed to stand up (be it for a few seconds) but before we began I didn't even think we would be able to bodyboard so it was a real sense of achievement.
Many thanks Liam for making it a great experience - we would highly recommend it

Hey!

Sounds like all the elements came together for you during this lesson, that is great news!

Can't wait to see you again soon!