“I went for a discover scuba dive course and a week later had my full open water qualification.”
Review of Wavecrest Scuba

Wavecrest Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: A PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort and the FIRST PADI TecRec centre in Cornwall, offering guided dives, diver training and holiday options around the world
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Wavecrest Scuba – Newquay – Mark Raynor and Team

The Old saying - “Hook Line and Sinker” – Well this is very true for this type of experience. I rang around to have a go at doing a little bit of scuba diving, i found wavecrest and decided to do it and i enjoyed it so much i decided to ask about doing my full qualification. I'm so glad I did as within 1 week I had gained my Open Water Diver Certificate and I was hooked well and truly.

Mark and his small team are absolutely brilliant in everyway. They are very friendly, patient yet energetic, helpful in everyway, good at getting you interested, very knowledgeable, informative not only to participants but to on looking family.
Fully comprehensive presentation packs, use of their equipment, free transport to wherever open water dives takes place, free and unbiased advice on what to purchase in what order and of what quality one would require as a novice or experienced diver. Understandable and comprehensive explanation and demonstration throughout the training irrespective of ones own experience

If you are even slightly interested in what scuba diving is like this is the place to come and I will be coming back in future to further my qualifications.

If only schools and teachers were all like this

George Sladden 18

5  Thank george-sladden-1993

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Went to Wavecrest after a bad experiance with another dive school( i use the term loosly) and found the owner of the dive center , a guy called Mark. Well if you are looking to learn to dive or improve your skills i cant think of a better place to do it.The center has its own transport to get you about to various locations ,none of this take your car and follow me routine.Mark is the most quallified diver ive ever met,very professional and organised even down to suppling lunch and refreshments on the dive sites.Add to that the glorious Cornish coastline and you have a really great experiance and did i mention if your lucky Mark well show you the pair of seals that come to help on a dive .If only all dive centers were like this .It is a 5star IDC dive center and the only place to teach side mount diving in cornwall Tell Mark Disco sent you.

5  Thank davecowin64
Reviewed 14 July 2011

What an amazing hoiday. The weather was unbleiveable for the dates I was down at Perranporth from 2-9 July 2011. I had such a fantastic time diving in Cornwall. It was far better than I ever imagined. I have dived around the world in warm water and was reluctant to take the plunge but am so very pleased I did. There was an abundance of wildlife and the visibility was better than anticipated. Wavecrest is a friendly professional dive company that I will recommend to everyone! The dives sites were perfect and the group so very friendly. There was no feeling of being rushed so I had plenty of time to take in the surroundings and have an ice cream or two. I can't wait to come and see Wavecrest again.

5  Thank peach69surf