“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 15 June 2014

They sell takeaway food only and it's basically run from someone's house so I was a little sceptical when we ordered. However the food was really lovely. I've eaten a lot of Thai food and this was some of the best I've had. We had green curries so nothing too adventurous but they really were good :-)

1  Thank rose_a1

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were away as a family and I would totally reccomend this take away food excellent food and value an absolute MUST have !!! reasonably priced great value for money great service and tasty food you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hmmmmmm I adore Thai food me, it's pretty much all I eat. Was given Mam's phone number for a takeaway for my most recent visit to friends in Newquay.
The food got delivered ok, bit late, the food was still warm, which is nice . . . the dishes just lacked the Thai flamboyance, colour and range of flavours that attract me to the cuisine.

They clearly like their fish sauce at Mam's so make sure you've got plenty to drink coz it'll get you thirsty.

Back down in a few weeks. My mates have given me another new takeaway to try in Newquay. Ganesha, somewhere near to the walkabout.

I shall order and review as soon as I can.

I've needed to say this because I simply do not understand all the OTT positive comments, "best in Newquay", "best thai I've ever had" etc etc. have these people ever experienced real Thai street and a restaurant food.

Sorry but Mam's is MILES off !!!! But tasty enough if you have never experience a true Curry or Tom Kha!!!

Cheers for now, hope this helps.

2  Thank Urban_Farmer_69
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to mam's twice now to collect a takeaway. Both times the food has been amazing. I live about 20 mins away from newquay but getting a mam's takeaway and heading to the beach to enjoy it is well worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The takeaway service is very good. Mam will make alterations to suit your palette, giving you a first class Thai takeaway. There's also one table available for that special get-together in their compact and bijou one-roomed restaurant. Good value for money!