The Esplanade Hotel
US$50
US$48
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa(Newquay)
US$114
Priceline
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$75
US$56
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$80
PremierInn.com
1,479 results
All reviewsfistral beachsister hotelsea viewfamily roomswimming poolsurf shoplovely hotelsurf schoolplay areacoach tripreception staffrestaurant staffamazing viewshalf termbunk bedsparking spaceshort break
FilterAll languages
995 - 1,000 of 1,479 reviews
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Esplanade Hotel in Newquay with my Church for the weekend. I cannot rate the staff highly enough. I had broken my foot the previous week so was not very mobile and spent the majority of my time in a wheelchair. All the staff were so helpful and even moved me into another room that was easier for me to get to in the wheelchair. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for leaving a nice review and I am glad you enjoyed the church weekend. It always nice to hear the staff were helpful.
Hopefully we will see you next year.
Gemma Barton & the Esplanade Team

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel in 2012 for one night for business. We then travelled to Plymouth and stayed at a self catering property in Mountbatten for a week.

This year we returned to the Esplanade and were lucky enough to have the same room as last year. We chose this room as it had a double balcony which allowed us fantastic views of Fistral beach.

The hotel staff were all very helpful and any request we made was dealt with in a friendly professional manner.

The breakfast was fantastic and set you up for the day, as well as cereals, fruit, cheese,ham,croissants,yogurts and any size English breakfast as it was self service from spotlessly clean heated serving dishes there was also the choice of haddock,kippers,pancakes, and different types of eggs e.g.poached.

We are already looking forward to our third visit!

A particular mention of the following staff as they really did shine:
Jenny and Sally on reception who were always very accommodating and friendly.
Kenny and Lina in the restaurant who were always welcoming and a pleasure to see at breakfast.

A thoroughly wonderful extended weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zippymarie
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will pass your lovely comments on to the staff. Looking forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.
Kind Regards
Gemma Barton & The Esplanade Team.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for my 40th birthday weekend since I had been given a Coasteering experience as a present. Coincidentally the Quiksilver Surf School running the experience operates out of the same location and I can highly recommend having a go if you are adventurous. The hotel has a mix of modern and older elements. The reception staff are very welcoming and helpful and the lounge area has some toys and big jenja bricks if you need to wait out yet another Cornish rain shower. The bar does some tasty but pricey food but you may wish to look somewhere else for breakfast if you have a family since this would be nearly £50 for four of you. Our room was well thought out with a decent (if somewhat wobbly) bunk bed for the kids, a huge bathroom and big double (2 singles possibly) bed separated from the kids by a wall. If you can get a seaside room the views across Fistral beach are amazing and leaving your windows open for the night (which was an absolute necessity for me to be comfortable enough to sleep) means you can listen to the waves on the beach - which was relaxing for me and annoying for my 8 yr old so win win really! There is a tidy pool, a small hot tub, a sauna (unserviceable when we visited) and a childrens' play area. I would definitely stay again and there are deals to be had, especially in the winter. The only problematic area is the parking which is a bit of a lottery but you can pay for a space if you absolutely have to have one.

Room Tip: The hotel was very hot so I would ask for a seaside room and open the windows.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you found the room too hot, at this time of year with the varied outside temperature we are constantly monitoring if we should have the heating on in the hotel, we do our very best to please our customers.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

my stay at the hotel was amazing the food was great the staff where really kind i met lots of nice people the facilities were awesome, the entertainment was good to. it was a really nice family friendly hotel and i loved my stay as it was just across the road from the beach i loved the hotel and would most certainly go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: get a room facing the beach !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The trip was a 4 day break over the school holidays with my daughters. The hotel was ideally located for the beach and fabulous vistas from the lounge and dining areas. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful at every turn. The restaurant staff were very attentive whether morning or evening and the menus catered for all tastes (my youngest especially enjoyed having pancakes and waffles as an option for breakfast). The room and general areas were kept very clean at all times. The room tended to be too warm at bedtime despite opening the windows fully. I would without hesitation gladly return to this hotel when looking for a beach holiday in the UK.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a seaview room or ask for a room that will provide access to breezes.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pemosh

Thank you for leaving the lovely review. I am happy to hear that your whole family enjoyed there stay. I am glad you all enjoyed the food and I agree with your daughter the waffles are good at breakfast. Hopefully we will see you again next year.