The Esplanade Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,482 results
All reviewsfistral beachsister hotelsea viewfamily roomswimming poolsurf shoplovely hotelsurf schoolplay areacoach tripreception staffrestaurant staffamazing viewshalf termbunk bedsparking spaceshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have to disagree with some of the previous reviews. This hotel has an unrivalled view, you can sit in the comfortable reception bar and watch the surfers on Fistral Beach till the light fades whatever the weather. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The children's activities are great. The place is very clean and the family rooms are very spacious. The hotel caters very well for families with child friendly games area and warm clean swimming pool etc. The food was the best we have had in a hotel for quite some time it was all freshly cooked and the chef makes an effort to cater for something different if required. The breakfast is buffet style which is well cooked with lots of variety. We use many hotels of this standard in both Devon and Cornwall we travel as a family and I can honestly recommend the hotel. It also represents great value for money. For families and couples you will not be disappointed its a very good three star hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay over Twixmas and hopefully we will welcome you back again to the hotel this year.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay, had an excellent stay, very family friendly had a really good indoor soft play area and swimming pool, we will be back. The breakfast was really good,thank you

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

As part of the party meal deal, my lovely double sea view room was only £32.50 for single occupancy including breakfast - an absolute bargain for the time of year. I complained at reception about the radiator which was boiling hot and the thermostatic valve didn't work, they offered to find me a different room, but I didn't want to change so just slept on top of the bed most of the night with an open window which gave me the wonderful sound of the sea. The evening party meal was lovely and I heard no complaints at all, staff were all efficient and friendly. What I most like about the Esplanade for Xmas party nights is that if you want to escape the disco there is plenty of room in the lounge area for conversation - not like the Atlantic, where there is no escape. A good night was had by all I spoke to, this is the 3rd time we have had our work xmas party there, and I am hopeful we will go again.

Room Tip: Avoid 210 until they fix the radiator
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving a lovely review I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your Christmas party night.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Work christmas party night at The Esplanade went very well. Hotel is kept very well inside but a little tatty outside. Room was very comfortable and clean with lots of towels, tea and coffee supplies! Staff very helpful and friendly. Food was very tastyand presented lovely, the staff did a great job catering for so many people and keeping consistent throughout service. Good breakfast choices.
Well done to all involved. The only negative thing was that the rooms were far too hot so next time I would turn the radiator down!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for leaving your review and I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas party night.
Hopefully we will welcome you back soon.
Gemma Barton & The Esplanade Hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night on 7/12/2013 for a Christmas Do. The food was fantastic, great DJ, and rooms were spot on. The staff were great, very attentive at the bar, in the dining hall and on reception. The whole hotel is clean tidy and I would say has had a modern overhaul recently and it's been done very well. Would definitely recommend for a short break or even a weeks stay. Breakfast is brilliant, something there for everyone. Surprised this is only a 3 star hotel, could definitely get another in my opinion. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas party Saturday. We hope you will come and stay again soon and hopefully join us again next year for your works Christmas party. I will pass your delightful feedback on to the staff.