“Another Great Stay!”

The Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in and around Newquay and always enjoy returning to the Espalade!
We booked the Contemporary Suite for New Years Eve stay for the Gala ball. Great Value.
Don't listen to the bad reviews... you get what you pay for and this hotel is good value

Room Tip: Book the Contemporary Suite...Great Sea Views overlooking Fistral Beach!
1  Thank mph160775
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hello
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review. I am happy you enjoyed the stay over new years and hopefully we will see you again this year.
Gemma Barton & The Team

There are newer reviews for The Esplanade Hotel

Reviewed 31 December 2013

All staff on reception, cleaners and catering were very polite and warm in their welcome. Room was good standard and bed comfortable. Swimming pool clean and good standard. Food was good quality though my steak was a bit tough. I should have pre-booked evening meals as would have been cheaper otherwise rating would have been higher. Breakfast and service was one of the best I have experienced. We had 2 nights in room 229 and very pleased. Bed was comfortable and we both slept well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and all the staff provided you with excellent service. Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Hopefully we will see you again and this time dinning in the restaurant every night on the package we offer.
Kind Regards
Gemma Barton & The Esplanade Team.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was just so bowled over by my recent stay at this hotel, I travel a lot with my partner, and its been a long time since I received such amazing service. The staff are all so welcoming and friendly, and very quick to help out and go the extra mile. It's a shame that service isn't like this anymore everywhere you go, so it was a refreshing change at the Esplanade. We felt so relaxed at the end of our stay.

The Manager also seemed very involved and genuinely concerned about the welfare of all the guests and she was very helpful at check in, especially at recommending places to eat. I think her name was Jemma. We went a lovely little place, which she suggested, called Little Kahuna I think which was fantastic food, and a nice change from the season of Roast Turkey.

The hotel had a lovely view from the lounge, floor to ceiling glass where you could gaze out over the sea, perfect with a book and a glass of wine. I felt so relaxed after my stay and I definitely did not want to return home. I cannot wait to come back next year, I imagine it will be perfect in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hello
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review and I will pass on all your comment to the team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will return again this year.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We needed some family time coastal walks surfing and chill out time. We stayed for 3 nights and all I can say is outstanding outstanding outstanding. Staff really friendly and the food was amazing. To much to choose from very high standard. Kids meals were the same. The pool area will be having a needed face lift but as it is at the moment wasn't a problem. We highly recommend those families what enjoy Cornwall life and want to feel welcome.

Room Tip: Family with sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan H

Thank you for leaving the lovely review and thank you for the feedback. I will be pass on your comments to the team. The pool is closed at present and is under going a fantastic transformation so when you come to stay with us again you will see be able to enjoy the new pool area.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have to disagree with some of the previous reviews. This hotel has an unrivalled view, you can sit in the comfortable reception bar and watch the surfers on Fistral Beach till the light fades whatever the weather. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The children's activities are great. The place is very clean and the family rooms are very spacious. The hotel caters very well for families with child friendly games area and warm clean swimming pool etc. The food was the best we have had in a hotel for quite some time it was all freshly cooked and the chef makes an effort to cater for something different if required. The breakfast is buffet style which is well cooked with lots of variety. We use many hotels of this standard in both Devon and Cornwall we travel as a family and I can honestly recommend the hotel. It also represents great value for money. For families and couples you will not be disappointed its a very good three star hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay over Twixmas and hopefully we will welcome you back again to the hotel this year.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay, had an excellent stay, very family friendly had a really good indoor soft play area and swimming pool, we will be back. The breakfast was really good,thank you

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

As part of the party meal deal, my lovely double sea view room was only £32.50 for single occupancy including breakfast - an absolute bargain for the time of year. I complained at reception about the radiator which was boiling hot and the thermostatic valve didn't work, they offered to find me a different room, but I didn't want to change so just slept on top of the bed most of the night with an open window which gave me the wonderful sound of the sea. The evening party meal was lovely and I heard no complaints at all, staff were all efficient and friendly. What I most like about the Esplanade for Xmas party nights is that if you want to escape the disco there is plenty of room in the lounge area for conversation - not like the Atlantic, where there is no escape. A good night was had by all I spoke to, this is the 3rd time we have had our work xmas party there, and I am hopeful we will go again.

Room Tip: Avoid 210 until they fix the radiator
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving a lovely review I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your Christmas party night.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.