The Esplanade Hotel
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$188
US$183
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
US$93
US$82
Priceline
Travelodge Newquay Seafront Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$253
US$246
  • Breakfast included
1,490 results
All reviewsfistral beachsister hotelsea viewfamily roomswimming poolsurf shoplovely hotelsurf schoolplay areacoach tripreception staffrestaurant staffamazing viewshalf termbunk bedsparking spaceshort break
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Advantage: nice view and swiming pool, clean hotel, friendly hotel staff, good breakfast
Disadvantage: Dinner staff needs more trainings because service is awful . They don't look after customer. Chef should change profession....maybe greengrocer seller because he does not have idea about cooking. Fast food has better quality food then this hotel......and one more thing Wifi did not work at my room....very poor reception

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomaszek234
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi Tomaszek234

Thank you for your positive feedback obviously I am very disappointed to hear you were not happy in our restaurant.
I am sorry we were unaware you were so unhappy with your dinning experience and I would like to discuss this with you at anytime.

Gemma Barton and The Esplanade Team

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Check the cancellation policy! I didn't, and ended up having to pay the full fee when I cancelled. Laterooms did call the hotel to explain the unfortunate circumstances (my car involved in a road traffic accident), but all that was offered was a rescheduling to another date. Rather difficult to select another date when I don't know if I'll get my car back in time before the end of my vacation period (and they needed £20 to reschedule anyway).
My fault for not checking the small print. You've been warned!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TwmTrafath
Gemma B, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello

I am upset that you feel that the hotel deserved to be graded a 1 star due to our cancellation policy. We have a standard hotel cancellation policy that you would find at most hotels. We also gave the option to you of rescheduling and this did not need to be immediately, we gave you 12 months to reschedule.

Gemma Barton and The Esplanade Hotel.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked The Esplanade for a very short weekend break, and I have to commend Reception for a very pleasant stay. All questions were dealt with and I was extremely happy with how I was treated.

Within a few minutes of heading to my room, I received a call asking if everything was alright.

Breakfast was superb too :-).

In a nutshell, "hat's off to Reception"!

I'm definitely coming back!

All the best.

Rob Ho

Room Tip: I arrived on the Saturday 'end of May', and the environment was pleasantly quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank RobTheHo

Hi RobTheHo
Thanks for the lovely review and great feedback. I will past it on to the staff.
Kind Regards
Gemma Barton and The Esplanade Team.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Firstly arrived with difficult parking, did ask on the booking that would need parking reservation, only to be told at the front desk that there was only a space available for one night ( we were staying for 3!). So every day you had to hunt for sparking space. The staff were very polite though, so we arrived at our room, which was very clean. My partner wanted a shower after a 3.5 hour drive, the shower was a nightmare. One that comes off the tap, pressure going up and down and the temperature up and down, she gave up in the end. Then we come to the beds, like concrete, didn't get much sleep in 3 notes and neither did my partner. We decided to treat ourselves to the evening meal, which wasn't cheap. Well what a nightmare, i ordered a curry, my partner ordered a stone baked pizza, plus a meal for my son, and two bowls of chips. Well the food arrived and it was awful, my partners pizza wasn't even cooked, my curry wasn't too bad, but two bowls of RAW chips, how do they manage that. my partner was very upset, also my son ( who has aspergers) was quite upset, we complained, but didn't want to try anymore of there cooking. So paid half the bill and left restaurant. The evening entertainment was ok, but overall, considering this was a treat for my son, which we have been saving for, we left feeling disappointed .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bugsy2014

Hello Bugsy2014

Thank you for your feed back in regards to the staff being great and the hotel being clean.
Obviously I am disappointed to hear the other comments on your stay.
I am sorry you were not advised that you would need to prebook a space to guarantee it.
A lot of our beds are new this year and we are aware some people find them harder than they prefer, I wish we had known this during your stay as we would have been able to resolve this issue for you.
I apologies about the shower and obviously this is not how our shower normally work. I had the maintenance team look in to it.
I am aware you were unhappy with your meal in the restaurant and you have spoken to my restaurant manager in depth about your meal on that evening and compensation was agreed on that evening. I believed we had resolved this issue for you.
As a hotel we are disappointed to hear that you left unhappy please feel free to call me any time to discuss this.
Gemma Barton and The Esplanade Team

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A Titterington's bus holiday from Cumbria. I've never been to Cornwall before, but I've only one more day to go, and I have loved it! Delightful view over the surfers beach, and so far I cannot fault the hotel at all.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on the spa or the Fitness Centre as I did not use them!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mopi2

Hello Mopie2

Thank you for leaving your review after your stay will us recently and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Gemma Barton