Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
angeldrew
London, United Kingdom
Best Ever Family Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Aug 2021via mobile
My family and I have visited many hotels all over the UK and the world and The Esplanade in Newquay is definitely in my top 3 hotels worldwide for families. The staff are what make the hotel. From Jo on reception who goes above and beyond with always a smile on her face and full of helpful advice and tips on the area. Jasmine and Sarah are also always happy to help and assist. I had a problem with my bill at the end and Sarah sorted it out straight away. Phenomenal service!! The restaurant staff were great! Aby and Kirsty are always there to great you with a smile on their face and always happy to converse and make you feel relaxed and at ease. Lexie is a fantastic waitress who again is ready to assist with any recommendations and is great at making you feel comfortable and relaxed again with a constant smile on her face.
However, there is a STAR memeber at the Esplanade who made our stay extra special and that was :- BLAINE - With his vast knowledge of cocktails and his excellent customer service, his smile and always willing to go above and beyond your expectations, was absolutely outstanding and he definitely needs acknowledgment, as he is a true asset to any team. I have owned restaurants in the past in London and I am hoping to open up a bar soon and he would be someone who I would fight for, to have on my team.
The only let down which I made the management team aware of, was the Chef. The menu is fantastic with a great choice but the main chef is what lost a star for the review. The food was often over cooked- The breakfast; poached eggs were always hard and not runny, we decided to send them back on the 3rd day and then we stuck to uncooked morning meals.
The dinner was the same, often over cooked and in some cases not eatable - halloumi fries were cremated, as were the mussels over cooked. We decided to eat out more than we were going to just because of this reason. This is such a shame but it doesn’t stop us from saying, that we highly recommend this hotel and shall be returning next year for another week. Hopefully, the chef has been replaced though! It’s the only let down.
The staff amenities - pool, softplay, cinema, evening entertainment are 5 star! You can chill and relax knowing your children are safe and the staff are relaxed with them doing what children do.
I do not want to forget to mention the housekeeping staff - the room was always kept clean and well equipped daily. Thoroughly enjoyed this stay! Thank you all at the Esplanade! See you again soon! The Autore’s ☺️
£200
  • Algotels
1.3 miles from The Esplanade Hotel
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Newquay
All reviews milk and cookies build a bear cinema room books and games family friendly hotel fistral beach soft play cove restaurant adult bar reception lounge play area before bedtime family room great location overlooking mattress topper great touches swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Lovely afternoon tea with tasty scones and moreish cocktails. The staff were a delight especially Hannah. There’s a great view over Pentire & Fistral Beach. It’s obvious during the current Covid situation that staff are overstretched but they couldn’t have been more lovely.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sarah Vine, Guest Services / Front Office at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2021

Thank you for leaving us this review on your stay with us. I am so please you have enjoyed your Afternoon tea with us and the lovely views with have of Fistral Beach. I will pass on your comments to Hannah as well, I am so pleased you have enjoyed the service. Kind regards, Sarah

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Great staff and great location even though it is clear they are short staffed everyone tries their hardest to help. Hannah seems to be on duty morning until midnight but was always helpful, cheerful, and professional. Well done young lady you clearly work very hard and well done everyone at The Esplanade we had a great stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for leaving us this feedback on your recent stay. I am so pleased you have enjoyed yourself with us and that the team have looked after you well. I will also pass on your kind comments to Hannah. I hope we will see you back here again in the future. Kind regards, Sarah

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Location was perfect, adjacent from Fistral Beach however apart from the location and the staff, unfortunately there’s not much else positive to say.

The hotel has apparently just undertaken a refurbishment although it was difficult to understand where, it certainly didn’t include adding AC , safes into the rooms or in stopping the room doors from slamming.
This hotel is for families with children who are unruly, whose parents want to feel safe in letting their children run riot everywhere including the restaurant and along the hallways.
The staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area however there are not enough of them, even the adult only bar was closed during the duration of our visit.

The two saving graces, staff, were Sarah and Blaine (apologies if I have misspelled any or either of their names).

Date of stay: August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback on your stay with us. I am saddened to hear that on this occasion we have not quite met your expectations. If there is anything you wish to discuss in more detail directly pleased do not hesitate to contact us directly on 01637 873333. Kind regards, Sarah

Reviewed 2 August 2021

Had an amazing stay at the Esplanade hotel! The staff
were all so pleasant, rooms were clean, food was tasty and amazing views.

The chef was always so accommodating to all of a dietary requirements and nothing was ever to much hassle which made our stay a lot easier!

There is a variety of activities for the children to do and would highly recommend for younger ages!

All the bar staff/ waitresses were always extremely friendly and always had a smiley face for us.
Special thanks to Chris for being so professional and going above and beyond his duty! Great asset to the team.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. I am so pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay and that the team have made you feel so welcome, I am also happy to see yo have enjoyed your meals safe in the knowledge that your dietary needs have been taken care of. I will pass on your kind comments to Chris and the team as well. I hope we will see you again in the future. Kind regards, Sarah

Reviewed 2 August 2021

We have been meeting a group of friends at the Esplanade every July for 20 years and always enjoyed our stay. The refurbishment that was completed during lockdown is impressive and has enhanced the hotel. There were a couple of issues with service and menu choice but I am sure these will be addressed and resolved as quickly as possible. If you are planning a holiday in Newquay, choose the Esplanade for your stay. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: Choose a sea view room. The views across Fistral Bay are worth the additional expense.
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank BrianHonan
Sarah Vine, Guest Services / Front Office at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2021

Thank you for leaving us this lovely review of your stay with us, I am so pleased you have enjoyed your return visit and appreciate all the changes we have made to the hotel during our recent refurbishment. I hope we will be seeing you again in the future for your next stay with us. Kind regards, Sarah