Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel
US$161
  • Breakfast included
US$189
US$184
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Hotels.com
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Beachfront
US$93
US$83
Priceline
All reviewsporth beachheated poolno liftsea viewlovely hoteljamie oliver's restaurantthe main hotelflights of stairscornish breakfastcooked breakfastmini breaklusty glazeshort breakenjoyable staynight breakroom was spotlessdouble room
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This hotel is great value for money. We stayed in the actual hotel, but if you have children or fancy self-catering, the villas look perfect. We had a great double room over-looking Porth Beach. The room was clean and spacious, with lots of room to hang/pack away clothes. The restaurant was also great which meant we didn't need to stumble very far for great seafood or steak every night. A fantastic stay!

1  Thank MedwayMaiden
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Visited this hotel for one night in July. The hotel is on a lovely site. We were very disappointed with the bedroom, room 17, I felt we had been given a single room for two people. The bed was really uncomfortable and the room was too hot which meant the window had to be left open all night and the noise level from the car park and deliveries been delivered was really loud. The room was clean but the furniture was cheap pine. The dinner was very good but the portions at breakfast were tiny, one small rasher, half a tomato, half a slice of pudding and a poached egg is not a full english breakfast. (big plates, small portions).However, the staff serving the meals were lovely and pleasant and the man in reception was very helpful. This hotel is over priced and over rated in Tripadvisor.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 17
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
acgriffiths, General Manager at Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Firstly I would like to thank the reveiwer for their comments. I read all comments from guests from our own feedback forms. We then use these comments when we undertake refurbishments or are looking for new ideas to implement to improve the guests experience.

Room 17 is a lovely decorated room which does overlook the swimming pool and Hotel Entrance. It is not a single room but has a 5ft double bed in the room, this is adequate for the majority of our guests, however I aware some guests do prefer 6ft double beds and we have these in 10 of our 18 rooms at the Hotel. The beds bases and all mattresses in the Hotel have been replaced over the last 18months.

Unfortunately if the weather is hot our rooms do get hot as we don't have air conditioning in all our rooms as it wouldn't be cost effective for the amount months we get hot weather down here in Cornwall. Opening the window is the only solution and I can only apologise if deliveries in the morning woke you up. I do talk to all our suppliers and ask them to make sure they make a minimum amount of noise when delivering.

I have listed our Full Cornish Breakfast below. When this is all on the plate it is really full. If you decide not to have some items all you need to say to the service team is "I would like 2 Poached Eggs and 3 Rashers of Bacon" and this will be served to you without any fuss.

Locally made Pork Sausages from Kittow’s Butchers of Par
(Vegetarian & Gluten Free Sausages available for special dietary needs)
Grilled Local Back Bacon
Cornish Hogs Pudding and Black Pudding
Mushrooms, Grilled Tomatoes, Baked Beans
Choice of Fried, Poached or Scrambled Eggs

We try to anticipate guests needs and exceed where possible. I would like more guests to communicate with me and my team while they are here as I am sure if they had asked for more bacon they would of got it.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments especially regarding my team and the nice man on reception who was me.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

We stayed one night and wished it could have been for longer. Good friendly service, great food, nice big room, comfortable beds, great location with plenty of garden space to relax in. We had dinner at the hotel and it was very good. Booking and check in were smooth and friendly. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
acgriffiths, General Manager at Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. It is a shame you only managed one night. I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed in one of the villa's for a family holiday for 7 nights. I must say the place exceeded my expectations. I've never stayed anywhere else in the UK that made me feel as if I were abroad. It was very clean, very spacious and location was fab.

I travelled with 2 young children and they loved the pool dipping in and out whenever they wanted. The pool was always warm.

You were around 5 mins car journey from the centre of Newquay and 10 mins away from Watergate Bay which is a must to visit. Such a beautiful coastline.

I would definitely consider returning on a yearly basis we had such a great relaxing time.

If you have young kids, I definitely recommend Lappa Valley (big and little steam train), Crealys Adventure park and St Ives for a day out. They will love it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank honeybunny2812
Reviewed 25 June 2011

After spending a week at the hotel in one of there well equiped & comfortable villa's we have to say Its an excellent location, ideal for families young & old, a big well done to andrew (the manager) and his team

• Stayed: June 2011