We enquired at this hotel as a consideration for a possible wedding venue. I sent an initial e-mail and the response was informative and invited my fiancee and I to make an appointment to view the hotel.
We arranged and made a special trip down from the cotswolds to Porth. We were shown around by the restaurant manager, Gary, who was really friendly and helpful and took the trouble to show us lots of rooms.
We left feeling happy and excited as we had agreed with Gary he would get back to us within 4 days. 10 days passed and we didn't even get an acknowledgment e-mail, phone call or anything. On that basis alone we felt we couldn't trust the management to run our wedding day seamlessly so booked somewhere else.
I mailed the hotel out of courtesy to advise them not to waste their time preparing a quotation as we had now lost interest. We got a stroppy e-mail back from the hotel manager, Andy Griffiths, in short advising that they didn't want to hold our wedding anyway as they didn't think they would make enough money!
What they hadn't bothered to learn is that we were looking to book an all expenses paid holiday for 4 nights for our friends and family consisting of 80 people which would have put the hotel at full capacity day and night in hotel and restaurant.
Summary...the hotel is average in decor but it is VERY clean and is well looked after. The rooms are very large but the service was really dreadful and most unprofessional. Very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel is just over a mile from Newquay, within easy walking distance of all the amenities it has to offer, but far enough away to act as a haven from the hustle! Prettily perched above Porth Beach, you can look forward to breathtaking views across to Trevose lighthouse. But if you fancy a stroll, our terrific terraced gardens flourish in the mild Cornish climate and a private path leads you to join the coastal route, with easy access to Porth beach below. The hotel building itself is a charming 19th Century manor, packed with original features such as our winding staircase and open fires. And as we're big on good taste, you'll find award winning locally sourced food in the relaxing interior of our restaurant too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas And Apartments
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel Newquay, Cornwall