We got a deal through Travelzoo and went as two couples, so slight problem with the bedrooms as it had 1 x double and 1 x twin, so we had an arm wrestle for it! The bedrooms were downstairs so it was an upside down layout, both bedrooms had patio doors limited view as it was a bush hiding the car park. Beds were comfy though, rooms spotless clean & TVs. Double bed room had ensuite with bath and twin room there was a shower room and toilet in the hall - so not exactly en-suite but next door. Lovely large dining and lounge area with plenty of seats and tv with dvd player.
Full size kitchen fully equiped including dishwasher BUT plates,cups, cutlery were not that clean (coffee rings inside cups, food still on plates) so I had to put them through the dishwasher before we could use them - take your own dishwasher tablets/powder though as it was not supplied which maybe why things werent clean? (although washing up liquid and cloths were in cupboard under sink).
Internet Wi-Fi and mobile phone reception very sporadic in the villa, each page took several minutes to load like dial-up! BUT in reception of hotel it was fine!
The POOL was wonderful!!! lovely and clean and warm like a bath, we even went in although it was cold and raining and really enjoyed it, at night multi-colour lights make it look magical.
Its set on a hill, multi-level so NOT good for anyone with mobility problems LOTS of steps everywhere, we could not park by our villa, had to park up by reception to carry luggage down steps to villas, then drive car back out and round into car park below our villa but no cut through direct from villa to car. (although a small hole in the hedge allowed us to pass cases through to car saved lugging them up and down stairs).
All, in all a very nice place would come again, not too far from town, just far enough away to get away from the bustle, worth it for the lovely swimming pool!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel is just over a mile from Newquay, within easy walking distance of all the amenities it has to offer, but far enough away to act as a haven from the hustle! Prettily perched above Porth Beach, you can look forward to breathtaking views across to Trevose lighthouse. But if you fancy a stroll, our terrific terraced gardens flourish in the mild Cornish climate and a private path leads you to join the coastal route, with easy access to Porth beach below. The hotel building itself is a charming 19th Century manor, packed with original features such as our winding staircase and open fires. And as we're big on good taste, you'll find award winning locally sourced food in the relaxing interior of our restaurant too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas And Apartments
- BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel Newquay, Cornwall