Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel
Pendeen Hotel(Newquay)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa(Newquay)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsporth beachheated poolno liftsea viewlovely hoteljamie oliver's restaurantthe main hotelflights of stairscornish breakfastcooked breakfastmini breaklusty glazeshort breakenjoyable staynight breakroom was spotlessdouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Great facilities. We stayed in a villa for a week and didn't want to come home. The villa was huge, with everything you could need. The price included use of the hotel swimming pool and restaurant etc.. We will certainly be going back for more next year.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We have just moved onto our next hotel following four fantastic nights in villa number nine. These villas or apartments have been equipped to a very high standard, with excellent quality furnishings and bathrooms built to a high specification. We ate twice at the hotel during our stay and on both occasions this was fine dining. We both enjoyed fillet and sirloin steaks cooked properly I.e. we asked for rare and we got rare. We had discussed on the way down about the swimming pool and that it would probably be closed at this time of year, to be pleasantly shocked that it was open and being used. It is heated to a lovely temperature, so much so that we both went in, and for the wife that definitely means something! I put that we had a great experience and that is so true as on the morning after our first night we found that we had no hot water. Problem, what problem, i called reception we were offered a hotel room for showers straight away and the plumber was there a few hours later. Lots of apologies from the staff, but hey these things happen, and the way they handled it makes us like the place even more. Its not how a good a place is that makes it, its how good it is at resolving problems. I would definitely recommend this place, it has a great location is excellent value for money, has great friendly staff and above ensuring you have a great time is top of their agenda! WE WILL BE BACK.....

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed for one night 26 Sept paid £10 extra for sea view room 11 which had modern settings with king size bed and bunk beds, think it was a family room, free wifi, DVD television and large shower. Had a meal in the restaurant in the evening, weather was terrible in the late afternoon. friendly staff all round, The breakfast table had everything from fresh fruit salad to cereals etc. The staff were also very polite. The only negative comment I would make, and I should have said at the time, was when I ordered scrambled eggs and bacon. Could not believe what arrived on my plate, the scrambled eggs were rubbery, and the gigantic piece of bacon (not) was so over cooked it snapped in half and flew off my plate, I have never seen such a meniocre piece of bacon in my life, ONE MOUTHFUL AND THE BACON WAS GONE, i LEFT THE SCRAMBLED EGG!! But apart from that little mishap it was lovely, and some people were even outside swimming in the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Room 11 is on the end and has quite a good view to the beach, it has large double bed and bunk beds, even a DVD in the TV
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ohdearmeWestmidlands
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We have just returned from another stay at Porth Veor Manor from a short break for my husband's birthday.
Everything was lovely. The room and breakfast were up to the usual standard. Staff were really helpful and polite.

A VERY relaxing break.
Thankyou

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
acgriffiths, General Manager at Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am glad you found the break relaxing and your husband enjoyed his birthday.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed at Porth Veor for two nights at the end of a week's camping. The room was one of the more spacious that i have experienced, smallish bathroom but modern and spotlessly clean. We had an issue with a wobbly toilet seat, this was fixed within an hour of it being reported. Overall the staff were friendly and couldn't be more helpful.
The only negatives were a very small tv, they should really invest in larger wall-mounted tv's and maybe the room could have been personalised with some artwork. Breakfast was very good, however on the first of our two mornings we were told there were no baked beans, the supplier had let them down. Personally I would have sent someone to Tesco's to avoid having to tell people this. Location excellent for Porth beach, and a bracing 1 mile walk into Newquay along the clifftops.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple