We spend a couple of weeks a year down in Porth and usually camp at Porth Beach Tourist Park (which is excellent, if a bit pricey in high season) but chose not to brave the elements in March! We found this little gem via Travelsupermarket, if I remember rightly it cost about £56 each per night B&B and turned out to be an absolute bargain! The buliding itself has been updated recently and is immaculately clean and fresh. The pool was shut due to the time of year but looked clean and safe, although not very big and would probably get crowded during high season. The apartments looked lovely too. There is a large bar / lounge area, incorporating a wrap-around conservatory where we spent a lot of time just chilling and taking in the view of Porth. Breakfast was excellent, not a help-yourself job, but the servings were more than adequate. Helpful, friendly but not intrusive staff. Our only regret was that we did not take the opportunity to dine in the Beaucliffe restaurant because all the reviews recommend it - fellas remember to take some smart trousers if you wish to do so! Porth Veor Manor is ideally situated because it is far enough away from the rowdiness of Newquay, yet close enough if you wish to venture in - lovely route along the coast path if you want to walk into Newquay or the opposite way to Watergate Bay (Fifteen Restaurant etc). Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel is just over a mile from Newquay, within easy walking distance of all the amenities it has to offer, but far enough away to act as a haven from the hustle! Prettily perched above Porth Beach, you can look forward to breathtaking views across to Trevose lighthouse. But if you fancy a stroll, our terrific terraced gardens flourish in the mild Cornish climate and a private path leads you to join the coastal route, with easy access to Porth beach below. The hotel building itself is a charming 19th Century manor, packed with original features such as our winding staircase and open fires. And as we're big on good taste, you'll find award winning locally sourced food in the relaxing interior of our restaurant too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas And Apartments
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel Newquay, Cornwall