“so lovely”

Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and myself stayed here for a weekend break it was amazing the room over looked the sea it was a wonderful view. Plus the room was spotless .we had food in the hotel and it was great the staff were really attentive nothing was to much trouble. Definitely will be going back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bernieScotland

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed three nights in May. Lovely outlook from the hotel but slightly disappointed with our room having seen previous photos and reviews. Room small and bit dated but ok. Nice hot shower. Had breakfast and dinner in the hotel. . Food ok with lovely views again. Staff friendly and sorted out a problem with our bill when we queried it. Beautiful walk around the nearby cliffs. Quiet, nice three days

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darlingpa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and were extremely happy with the value for money. The room was lovely and bathroom facilities modern and clean. The location is very quiet with easy access to nearby Lusty Glaze and a 15min walk into Newquay. Very suprised that the hotel is only formally rated as 3* - we have stayed at 4* and 5* hotels that do not meet the same standards delivered at Porth Veor Manor. Would stay again.

2  Thank Eve S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a wonderful 3 weeks from the 1-06-14 till the 20-06-14, I could recommend tis hotel to anybody I know. The rating 10 out of 10 from me for A to Z. Amenities very good plus heated swimming pool, food outstanding, every wish would be granted.

The complete staff starting with the reception and ending with the cleaning staff are wonderful, it has been a real pleasure for me. Cleaning very very good and the wash service is excellent, the wife was very happy.

WE SHALL BE BACK NEXT YEAR FOR 4 WEEKS...........

All in all a very good first class hotel

6  Thank Aprilanneb91
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just stayed one night, lovely grounds and very relaxing,gave room a real four in a bed check! ,yes a bit dated with a burn on carpet( someone's travel iron,shame on them) the room was spotless,check in good would stay again BUT, please give your bar/restaurant staff some more training,lovely mannerly staff but not a smooth controlled service worst was bar service very slow and disjointed would not like to b there in peek season or private function. There seems to be a manager there to take charge so not sure if u had a problem how we'll it would be sorted so please staff make or break so get some training done they deserve it

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie R, General Manager at Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

May I thank you for your honest feedback, we take all feedback on board, good and bad. It is a shame that you were unable to bring these concerns to my attention during your stay as we would always prefer to address any issues at the time to ensure you and your guests enjoy your holiday to the full.

If you wish to contact me directly at the hotel, I would be happy to discuss any aspect of your stay further. Please email me at jamieriches@breaksincornwall.com if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Enjoyed 5 nights B&B in a sea view room. Pleasant staff. Room clean. Food very good. Very good value for money. Only gripe was that the service was extremely slow at breakfast and we often had to prompt the waiters. Unfortunately on the last day we waited half an hour for our breakfast before we had to leave without it- a real shame. In saying that we would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Sue B

With regards to service in the restaurant there has been a transitional period of staff changes and as such our staff are undergoing additional training to ensure that service standards do not fall, customer service and satisfaction is at the heart of what we do. The staff and management are fully committed to ensuring the service our guests receive is the highest standard possible and hope that you will come back again to see that we are worthy of the largely very complimentary reviews we receive here.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights. Nice room, not very big and bathroom only had a shower. Room was very warm so slept with windows wide open.
Our main concern here was service....................if you wanted a drink you had to find someone to serve you, once found they had not been trained...........prices varied every time you had a drink too.
Breakfast: I asked for sausages ( meaning more than one )bacon, grilled tomatoes etc. I got 1 sausage, undercooked bacon and raw tomato! Hence not enjoyed.
Location wise........£4 gets you into Newquay via a taxi..........better places to chose from too!
Sad that all their excuses were that they had hosted a wedding so had run out of various drinks...........think ahead!
As smokers we felt very inferior as the allocated smoking place was outside the conservatory................and all we got from non smoking residents was complaints that they could smell smoke. OK, fair dues to them............smoking areas need to be rearranged!
All in all, lovely place...........feel very sorry for the undertrained staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darceysmum

All of our food is cooked fresh to order so I would contest strongly that any food served was either undercooked or raw, if you had mentioned to a member of staff at the time they would have been more than happy to have your breakfast cooked again to your satisfaction without hesitation.