we chose this through a cheap online website which offered a gormet break of 4 days including B & B and one 3 course dinner.
WOW, the food is amazing here, breakfast great every day and full to bursting on leaving.
Part of the deal was a meal at No 15 ( jamie olivers restaurant),only available certain days.
they were fully booked for the day of the deal however the advisor was so switched on we got a discount off the value on the rooms and booked the meal privately.
We only paid about £150 for the goreous room in the end.
NO 15 is Well worth it, fantastic food and amazing views right on the beach. ( take your credit card £ 85 for 3 course lunch)
Porth manor is split into hotel and apartments. Sharing the pool which the apartments surround.
Nice without the kids screaming in the pool so I retired to the bar for large wine.
Very quiet hotel and staff very attentive especially the older breakfast staff. Younger weekend working staff need a slap but no different than any other teenager trying to make money out of the least amount of effort.
Fantastic tappas bar at the bottom of the hill in Porth just a short walk or over the beach.
Very friendly real italians.
Short coastal walk to Newquay, beware of fri/sat nights full of hen/stag parties just like watching boozed up britain but with smellovision!!!!
We found a great family run pub 15 mins walk from newquay centre and right on the sea front.
Even tho we didnt have kids it was a nice find, food looked good too even tho we didnt try it.
definatley will go again but will avoid Newquay ( its filthy)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel is just over a mile from Newquay, within easy walking distance of all the amenities it has to offer, but far enough away to act as a haven from the hustle! Prettily perched above Porth Beach, you can look forward to breathtaking views across to Trevose lighthouse. But if you fancy a stroll, our terrific terraced gardens flourish in the mild Cornish climate and a private path leads you to join the coastal route, with easy access to Porth beach below. The hotel building itself is a charming 19th Century manor, packed with original features such as our winding staircase and open fires. And as we're big on good taste, you'll find award winning locally sourced food in the relaxing interior of our restaurant too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas And Apartments
- Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel Newquay, Cornwall