We stayed here at the end of January for a 3 night weekend break in a beach view villa.
The villa was an upside down arrangement with the bedrooms down stairs and the living room upstairs. First impressions were that the kitchen surfaces needed wiping over and the dishwasher smelt very musty! The place had obviously been closed up for a while, the hotel itself had been closed for most of January. Overall the villa was clean and well presented although the furniture and furnishings were dated and a bit "twee" for our taste. There was no side lamps or small tables to create a cosy atmosphere.
The villa had a side view of the beach from the upstairs window sadly from only one chair.
The kitchen area was resonably well equipped for self catering, however there is no washer/drier facilities which was a bit of an issue being unable to dry wet walking clothes.
The master bedroom had an ensuite bathroom but no shower, and the twin room was adjacent to a nice shower room, however if water was being used elsewhere in the villa water pressure in shower dropped to a trickle. The bedrooms were a good size, although the master only has a double bed with a roll together mattress. It would have been much more comfy if they had a king size. The other issue would be that there are no windows in the bedrooms, only patio doors which led onto a nice patio area. No doubt this would make the rooms very hot in the summer.
The main issue we had was it was very cold. The villa had an underfloor heating system which dispite turning onto max in all the rooms was still cold until about 9.30 at night.
Late afternoon we sat with a duvet round us over hoodies! not a cosy experience. The heating system appeared to be controlled by a timer system which was not accessible to us. The other issue we had was the literature given about leaving the apartment . It was expected that you clean the apartment prior to leaving, empty all bins, empty the dishwasher and clean the oven. We felt that this was ott, of course we would always leave a property clean and tidy, but being asked to clean the oven on a three night break was a bit much!
The villa had internet free for 1 hour a day , thinking this would enable me to check emails in the morning and again in the evening was a mistake, the hour must be used immediatley. Needing to access the internet my husband went to the hotel reception to purchase a £10 voucher to allow 24 hours of access. He waited 15 minutes before reception was manned, and with no bell to alert hotel staff of needing service, found the service frustrating for a hotel of this size.
We did eat in the hotel restauranct for dinner one evening, which I can highly recommend. Good food and good service and 20% discount for villa guests.
Would be stay here again? Probably not, and certainly not at the full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Porth Veor Manor Hotel is just over a mile from Newquay, within easy walking distance of all the amenities it has to offer, but far enough away to act as a haven from the hustle! Prettily perched above Porth Beach, you can look forward to breathtaking views across to Trevose lighthouse. But if you fancy a stroll, our terrific terraced gardens flourish in the mild Cornish climate and a private path leads you to join the coastal route, with easy access to Porth beach below. The hotel building itself is a charming 19th Century manor, packed with original features such as our winding staircase and open fires. And as we're big on good taste, you'll find award winning locally sourced food in the relaxing interior of our restaurant too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas And Apartments
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel Newquay, Cornwall