Hotel California
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$83
US$81
Hotels.com
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$210
Hotels.com
US$432
US$358
  • Breakfast included
Great Western Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$81
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssquash courtgannel estuarysnooker roomten pin bowlingstunning viewstable tennislounge areastayed for one nightrestaurant stafffistral beachweekend breaktown centrematttide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2012

It is the third time that we have stayed at the hotel and it is excellent. The views of the Estuary are amazing, the Food excellent quality and the staff very helpful and attentive - especially Mat the Restaurant Manager. Nothing was too much trouble. We have two sons, 19 and 13 and the facilities were superb. Indoor and outdoor pools. Table Tennis, Snooker, Chess and of course the additional facility of the bowling alley. The Family Rooms are very spacious with the additional space of the conservatory giving the feel of an appartment rather than just a room. Last but not least the benefit of being able to take our dog who enjoyed numerous walks along the estuary. A very relaxed break and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: The views of the Estuary are at the rear of the hotel. Family rooms with the additional conservatory area are on the lower ground floor. No lift so if you are elderly perhaps a room on the ground or first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy G
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My partner and I stayed here for just one night but found the place to be a very comfortable and clean hotel. We have stayed in much more expensive hotel that were not half as good as this one.

The reception, bar and restaurant areas are lovely and have a great view of the estuary and the countryside. The terraces would be lovely to sit on in the sunshine. There is a pool and spa area and ten pin bowling area which is reasonably priced.

The room we had was comfortable and we both slept really well. The staff were really polite and helpful and the breakfast we had was really hot, freshly cooked. As well as being able to help ourselves to cereal, juice, fruit and toast.

Would stay here again without a doubt. Thank you to all the staff!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachelann9
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We were a small coach party visiting Cornwall's gardens. We found the hotel excellent, staff helpful, food lovely and the location quite stunning. There were also some good amenities which included swimming pool, bowling, table tennis etc. We could not have asked for more.

If the hotel was a bit tired in places, this was a small consideration compared to the location. We would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheila D
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Hotel is very nice, the city in its self is great and the staff is simply fantastic.
I booked the hotel weeks before but on the day i should leave London to go there, I couldn' t make it. A very serious problem was against me and my plan to spend the week end in Newquai.
I met Laura, only by phone but I feel like I have to thanks her for helping me in trying to meet my needs and trying to see the situation from my point of view. I guess her job shouldn't be that easy, customer service is the most difficult job i have ever done in all my life, that's why I decided to work with computers. At the end of the day, what is most important thing is the city and the people you meet during your trip, so for this reason and one more I highly raccomand this hotel.
thanks once again

veronica

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank veronica f
Reviewed 8 June 2012

As others have said its a little tired in places but reasonable for the cost. Staff helpful particularity receptionist. Stayed one night. Had a reduction on evening meal by booking through reception on arrival. Some distance from centre of Newquay but a bus stop with hourly service during the weekdays outside entrance. Wonderful views of the valley from bedroom so try for one at the rear if possible. Little concerned by a stag party noisy in bar on arrival but no significant issues. Not far from the coastal path if you are planning to use that at all. Did not use sports facilities but some appeared to be an additional cost. Experience reasonable for the cost although some breakfast options appeared to be at additional amount which I would normally have expected to be included. Overall I would recommend this place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple