“A must do when you are in newquay!”
Review of Butchers Bistro

Butchers Bistro
Ranked #7 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cornish Steak and seafood,serving the finest of steak and seafood with an emphasis on local suppliers.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this after walking past in the daytime and seeing the menu looked to tick all of the boxes, steak, fresh seafood and plenty of it! We booked a table as they seemed to be very popular. Upon arrival we were greeted by very freindly staff, one of which we found ourselves to get on with very well and made us feel special. My choice of mains had been decided already, 'surf and turf cornish style' - a fillet steak with fresh prawns, mussells and scollops with home made chips and salad... What a meal! Absolutely stunning! My better half had the fillet steak stuffed with cornish blue cheese which again was cooked to perfection. We were stuffed however the waitress kept on walking past with home made banoffee pie which looked gorgeous and she managed to twist our arm into having some. As it was my birthday, the cake came out with two candels on top which made us smile. We will certainly be going back again, possibly even tonight.... Well worth a visit, stunning food, great staff (to which one female staff member made the night) and a great atmosphere!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Got recommened this bistro by our guest house - Hepworth House...The food was devie...fresh fish, good portions...great night! I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

What a great little restaurant!!!! We were looking for somewhere decent to spend our last evening in Newquay and found this little gem. We popped in and booked a table for the same evening. We enjoyed the scallops as a starter, my partner had Lobster as a main and I had steak washed down with a decent Pinot and a couple of coffee liqueurs. Excellent service........we enjoyed it so much we left a much larger than normal tip. Definitely a popular place with the locals too. Recommended!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Food was incredible could not fault it!! Staff we're also great they didn't hang around you throughout the meal but didn't leave you hanging at the same time :) would definitely return. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were on holidays for the long weekend and came across this on an internet search when we were looking for somewhere to eat seafood.

The servings were enormous and everything was beautifully cooked. My favourite were the scallops in garlic butter. My husband had the surf and turf and it too came with an abundance of seafood, more than I would expect to see.

Our service was fine and our waitstaff made efforts to cater for my friend with allergies and were quite empathetic. A great place for a casual meal, and prices were reasonable as well.

Would recommend and go back if I was in Newquay again! Please don't change anything!