“Fun but the changing facilities ruined our visit”
Review of Waterworld

Waterworld
Ranked #32 of 63 things to do in Newquay
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We took our six year old and 18 month old with us and they loved the fun pool as did us grown-ups but the changing facilities are appalling. There are only five or six family changing cubicles which meant that because the whole of Newquay and his family were at the pool avoiding the rain there were several families queueing for a family cubicle before AND after our swim. There are seperate male and female changing rooms but these are impractical when mum and dad need to help each other get the kids ready together. I did pop my head into the male changing rooms but I wasn't happy to take the kids in there as the men were changing with the cubicle doors open and I wasn't comfortable with them experiencing that. There was also no signage for the toilets - there were disabled ones in the family changing area which were locked so we guessed that the toilets were in the separate changing rooms which indeed they were. Unfortunately this meant I had to take my boy through the mens changing room with all sorts on display! I felt sorry for any dads taking their daughters swimming who had no option but to go into the male changing room because there were so few family cubicles. In this day and age surely changing should be communal with as many family cubicles as single ones?

4  Thank LeighJCooper

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I havnt been to waterworld for a few years but definitely noticed how it has deteriorated. While I was swimming I felt hair float past me I grabbed it to take it out of the pool it was lots of hair wound together I took the disgusting mat our of the pool and put it near the attendant who just ignored it there is a brown mark at water level rust on the stairs to the slides I did not enjoy the experience and won't be taking my children back a deep clean is s must !!

2  Thank Jacksterboy
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Decided to come here one Sunday afternoon with 3 year old som who loves swimming. Was brought up locally and came here regularly as a child. When you arrive you have to pay to park as it's a council park. Cost us around £3... Then paid £6.80 each for 2 adults and free 2 year old. So with parking cost us around £15 which I consider expensive when the usual swimming pool I go to costs £3 each. But thought it would be a nice treat :) Entered the pool area and it was very clean. The pool was fairly busy. My young son likes to play in the shallow end he can stand in. But here they have a water fountain thing in the shallow end which is a little annoying for those with young children and babies. Everyone was avoiding the fountain.A separate pool for toddlers would be great. The flumes are ok, one bigger one and one small one. Fun for children :)

1  Thank abcde2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were very unhappy with our visit as we paid to park and then on arrival were told that the fun pool was closed. I know this wasn't the fault of the pool but there was no refund offered for the parking. We did look at the pool and I thought that it looked dated and on the small side. It did appear clean though.

1  Thank paulcooper
Reviewed 19 October 2013

As a local I tend not to go often to this swimming pool as its very cold and quite busy, however, for the little ones it is very fun.
The changing rooms are single sexed which makes it awkward sometimes with my children, but least they are tidy and clean.
I don't like the idea of the gym being over head either