We stayed in the hotel for a week with our 2 children (23months and 3 yrs) From the moment we arrived we were happy with our choice of hotel. We found out we were on the 2nd floor which wasn't a problem as both our daughters walk up and down stairs ok and we no longer use a buggy regularly, we were offered help upstairs with our luggage which was lovely. Our room was a 'Comfort' room with a sea view.....and I DO MEAN A SEA VIEW! WOW!!! Those sunsets are fantatsic!!
Very modern rooms and HUGE beds very neatly made up everyday. Plenty of storage space for your clothes etc. Clean bathroom too.
The children were booked in for high tea at 4.45pm and there were lots of choice to suit everybody's diets and the children could choose themselves which was great. The first night we had planned to go down for dinner as a couple using the 'baby monitor' service ..however our 3yr old wouldn't settle so we brought her down with us while we had our dinner (she still had her pyjamas on) This was not a problem at all and the restaurant staff were great. The baby monitor service is absolutely fantastic and allowed us to have dinner and relax on an evening knowing that the staff were listening in on our children and came to tell us quickly if there were any noises...they even told us when our youngest was singing to herself.
The food is AMAZING and well presented. All the staff were very friendly.
Our 3yr old figured how to open the room door so we asked for a safety gate which was brought up and fitted within 1/2hr along with an extra bed guard.
We were lucky that the week we had booked was sunny and warm 80% of the time so our daughters were in the outdoor pool daily. It was warm and clean and they loved it. The sunbeds were clean and there were plenty of towels which you collect from reception. The beach across the road is stunning but there is a long way down some steps to get to it as a lot of beaches in Cornwall are like this too. However Porth Beach which is about a 15 min walk away is much more child friendly as there are no steps to get to it.
The only minor problem we had were with the showers in the bathroom......don't expect a power shower or anything they provided barely a trickle of water and took us ages just to rinse our hair! This was the ONLY thing that annoyed us and we will be booking again for next year. I have already recommended the hotel to other families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall