We have recently returned from a wonderful 5 nights at the Sands Resort. We loved every moment and it is certainly the most fun we have ever had as a family. We have two boys, 2 and a half and 9 months and it was perfect for us and them. They couldn't really benefit from all the facilities, but we certainly intend to come back and I'm really excited about all the fun they will have when they are a little older. What made Sands so great for us was the resort and the fantastic facilities and the lovely location. We loved the pool, the softplay and the parks, but we also loved exploring the local area. We hired baby packs at no extra cost and did lots of walking around the area. Watergate Bay is beautiful and an easy walk or short drive along the coastal road. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much for them. We thought the food was excellent - great range at breakfast, home cooked teas for the boys at 5 and a fantastic 'adults only' meal in the evening. For us that really made the stay - we didn't have to worry about cooking, cleaning, clearing up and we got to spend quality time together as a couple. We loved it all so much that we stayed an extra night. The whole family were gutted to leave and my 2 year old keeps saying, 'back to Newquay'. On the face of it it may not appear cheap, but we feel that you get an awful lot for your money and it was worth every penny. We really hope to visit Sands again next year - sooner, if we can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall