Things we liked:
Rooms clean and modern
Lots of facilities for kids
Staff are friendly and helpful
Good position on the headland
Good value for money
Things we didn't like:
Dinner service is abysmal. Wait staff had no clue what they were doing. Attempts were made to apologise at the end of the meal, after we complained but it did not match the service from the hotel at all.
The hotel was PACKED with very small children and babies, not that it was a problem for us (our boys are 9 and 4) but during dinner and breakfast, it was extremely noisy and reminded me of a giant school food hall!
The hotel is pokey, typical of British buildings but makes it feel overcrowded.
The bathrooms and TVs in the rooms are minuscule and the back bedrooms are very stuffy with no air conditioning (and it wasn't hot when we're stayed there). I think this reinforces it's three star rating.
I know you poms don't value child pool safety but if I see another swimming pool that is not fenced, I'm not sure what I'll do. You really need to move with the times, especially with children about!
So I think it was "ok" at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall