The best thing about this resort was the golf!
The rooms are very basic & not very clean. There was broken glass from the lampshade in the bed, the bathroom was damp with mildew & the towels were old & hard.
The kids clubs are good but are EXTRA so please remember this.
The swimming pool has a limit of 28 which is kids & adults so 6 families & it's full!! This was a huge problem for other families when we were there as the weather was bad so the outside pool was too cold & the outside play area too slippy with the bouncy castles not in use. i felt so sorry for the families with 2 or more small kids as there was nowhere for them to play & no toys for them to play with unless they paid for the kids club.
The food was just ok. For adults the evening meal was good on the first night but went downhill, for the kids the whole experience was like a bad school dinner hall with slop! The fresh fruit was on ration but there was always a fruits salad with apples pears & grapes. The salad bar was miserable, the fish fingers were minced fish (cheap) in fact mostly it appeared as if they were scrimping on everything apart from the herbal reas!
The beaches around Nequay are fantastic there is so much for the kids to do even in the rain, with wellies & spade/bucket.
We played golf in the rain which was great fun, the high wire was a favourite, the tennis coaching was cancelled but we still managed to play a couple of games.
I would only rate this place as 3 star at most.
The reception staff talked amongst themselves & ignored little children that were trying to ask for toys or bats. They were also rude.
Get a glass of milk from the bar for kids evening drinks.
Go to the swimming pool early.
Ask for poached eggs.
Ask for fresh fruit.
Do NOT miss the early evening entertainment, this is on just after the kids dinner & all of the acts were fantastic, they encouage all of the children to get involved & they were all great fun.
There are far better places to go with children in Newquay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall