There are already lots of reviews with varying opinions but if you are realistic about the price you are paying and understand that this is a hotel set up for families with young children then you are likely to be very happy with your stay.
The staff are universally excellent, nothing was too much trouble and they are obviously genuinely enjoying what they do, a big contrast to some much more expensive holidays we have had. The rooms are well configured and comfortable (although the energy saving lighting is harsh and cold). We could have used another bin!
The facilities are ideal for children, although some areas are tired looking there is a continual process of renewing and upgrading.
Perhaps the only negative comment I would have is with the food. The children’s menus are really quite adult so fussy eaters (I have two) may not find something they enjoy at every meal, however as usual the staff were more than happy to cook something to order if given a few hours notice.
We stayed full board and the adult evening meals were good but not spectacular – but again at ~£15 per adult per day one can’t really complain. We just felt that almost every dish could do with a little more seasoning and some didn’t quite match the grand descriptions. The newly refurbished restaurant is smart and comfortable but very noisy when only half full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall