The hotel is covering with two free wifi's. these cover the main reception area and some of the Suite bedrooms. Some bedrooms have hardwired connections thou I think there is a small daily charge for this.
The wifi was giving best (16Mb down/10Mb up) average more like (6Mb down/4Mb up). Except for one afternoon/evening the service was always available with 10-15 devices on the network. Mostly iPhones, blackberries, iPads and MacBooks.
The wifi is just about reachable from the rear gardens where the outdoor activities/outdoor pool are located.
The wifi is free and is not password protected or secure. Great but follow good security practice and use SSL or VPN for secure connections.
As for 3G. A Three Mifi dongle could pick up a HSPA 5bar signal from the front facing bedroom.
There is a PC in reception but is expensive. A few pounds for 15minutes usage.
Overall. 9/10 for Internet service. Only losing 1 point for the lost of service that afternoon. One of the best connected hotels I've been too in a while and FREE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall