We were a little apprehensive about staying here as it seemed to be aimed at families and not couples. We had two nights booked and were very surprised. The Hotel is internally divided so that people with children of all ages are made to feel comfortable and couples also have areas where children are not allowed after 8pm. Perfect. Breakfast had us in a separate dining room from those with children and the activities for children are amazing. If our child was young now he would love it.
The staff are the most friendly and helpful we have come across in a long time and speaking to one of the staff we asked them if they liked working there because they were smiling all the time. Their reply was definitely and they actually love coming to work and it showed.
In as much as some of the bedrooms need a bit of a 'freshen up' we understand that a hotel that caters for families would not have the most up to date furniture in the rooms but they make up for it in the restaurant and lounge and bar.
I would recommend this for couples as well as for families. Great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall