I stayed at Sands in August with my husband, three children and their partners and my five grandchildren aged between three and nine. We all had a wonderful time and I thoroughly recommend it. Good sized rooms, excellent facilities and really good food for both children and adults.
We all swam in the indoor and outdoor pools, played golf, tennis and table tennis (so popular they could do with a second table for when the weather is wet!)! The maze and children's playgrounds were also great fun.
The beaches nearby are really lovely as well so we left the car in the car park for our entire stay.
We sat with the children while they ate at the early sitting after which they watched the entertainment which was mostly very good, especially the puppet show. At about 7 pm the children went to the Kids Club, which they absolutely loved, so we all enjoyed a relaxing adult dinner at the end of the day. The restaurant had a great ambience and all the staff were efficient and helpful.
Only two very slight negative comments: we were all in adjacent rooms and when we came back from the beach and all wanted showers / baths at the same time the system could not cope so the water pressure was rather poor. Not sure what they could do about this though...? Only other problem was on the Saturday evening for the children's teatime it was really busy and the staff were struggling to deal with the demand, although they all did their best. But these were only two very minor details in an otherwise perfect holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall