Just got back from a fantastic week at the Sands, & missing it already!
This was the first holiday since having our kids (aged 2 & nearly 4) that felt relaxing! The meal times are set up so that there is a choice of eating in kiddie chaos, safe in the knowledge that your kids won't be the only ones making a racket, or having some adult-only time in a civilised setting later on, with the help of the baby listening service and/or kids club.
Our kids loved the kids club, pool, soft play, bouncy castle & the outdoor play area, and we loved the spa, free wetsuit & body board hire, & the 3-course meals each night.
I agree with some of the reviews that they don't always get the food right (more dressings and much less onion on the salads would be a good start!), but it was generally a pretty decent standard, particularly for the price.
It's also in a good location near some superb beaches & lots of family-friendly days out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall