We have just returned from a 7 night stay at Sands Resort. We booked a contemporary suite which had recently been upgraded. You couldnt ask for a more child friendly hotel, everything is geared towards families and our son loved mixing with the other children there. Our suite was very big with a separate room for our son.
That aside i thought the food was average quality. On our first day we tried the restaurant for lunch and after waiting a hour for the food to arrive we were served a frozen supermarket type burger and a horrible sandwich which we couldnt eat despite being starving !!
we were then worried about the evening meal - whilst good value as it was included in our half board package i would definitely consider going bed and breakfast next time. There were about 6 choices of starters (including orange juice..!) and mains which ranged from ok to very poor over the week. The service was also a bit haphazard with our starter always arriving before the drinks.
breakfast was also average with everything mostly self service, including tea and coffee. food was generally poor quality (cheap yoghurts, lack of fresh juice., lack of fruit apart from watermelon..)
Other niggles would be the lack of welcome from the reception staff when we arrived, there was no offer to show us the facilities and we were asked to settle the bill even before we had seen the room !!
overall the hotel will suit a lot of families looking for a cheapish break with lots of children's activities. If you like decent food and good service you will come away disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall