I work freelance in Film and TV, and on a recent job we had a weeks worth of filming in Cornwall.
With a big cast and crew of around 80 people we needed to find a hotel big enough to accommodate us all, and that also provided services such as wi-fi, ample parking and a good restaurant and bar.
The hotel owner Mr. M and I worked together to organise the room allocations and to make sure everyone would have everything they needed. As is often the case we were adding people to the group right up until arrival, Mr. M and all of the reception staff took this in their stride.
When I arrived in Newquay after a horrendous week at work and and even harder one ahead I was greeted at the hotel like an old friend, and really looked after.
I couldn't quite believe how luxurious the hotel was (not what I was expecting as it's advertised as a family hotel) a spa, gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, bar, restaurant, and HUGE rooms.
The rooms are more like little apartments, and all the crew were shocked to have so much space to themselves! I even received calls checking they were in the right room as they couldn't believe they had such a big suite.
But the amazing rooms, views and facilities is not what makes this place special, it's the staff.
I have never had an experience quite like it, everyone was so friendly and constantly went the extra mile. Mr. M even drove our runner to a cash point! You will receive a dedicated and personal service second to none.
Having dealt with several hotels in the area in the lead up to our shoot I can speak with confidence that this really is the best hotel in town.
Thanks again to Mr. M and all of the Sands team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall