Sands Resort Hotel & Spa
US$48
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sunnyside Newquay(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$197
Orbitz.com
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
US$80
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Sandy Lodge Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$95
Agoda.com
Eliot Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$87
Agoda.com
1,049 results
All reviewsthe baby listening servicecontemporary suitebouncy castlekids clubfamily diningzip wireindoor poolwatergate bayexcellent family hotelbody boardsfamily holidayadventure playgroundsea viewchristmas partykids roomfamilies with young childrenfootball pitch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I work freelance in Film and TV, and on a recent job we had a weeks worth of filming in Cornwall.

With a big cast and crew of around 80 people we needed to find a hotel big enough to accommodate us all, and that also provided services such as wi-fi, ample parking and a good restaurant and bar.

The hotel owner Mr. M and I worked together to organise the room allocations and to make sure everyone would have everything they needed. As is often the case we were adding people to the group right up until arrival, Mr. M and all of the reception staff took this in their stride.

When I arrived in Newquay after a horrendous week at work and and even harder one ahead I was greeted at the hotel like an old friend, and really looked after.

I couldn't quite believe how luxurious the hotel was (not what I was expecting as it's advertised as a family hotel) a spa, gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, bar, restaurant, and HUGE rooms.

The rooms are more like little apartments, and all the crew were shocked to have so much space to themselves! I even received calls checking they were in the right room as they couldn't believe they had such a big suite.

But the amazing rooms, views and facilities is not what makes this place special, it's the staff.

I have never had an experience quite like it, everyone was so friendly and constantly went the extra mile. Mr. M even drove our runner to a cash point! You will receive a dedicated and personal service second to none.

Having dealt with several hotels in the area in the lead up to our shoot I can speak with confidence that this really is the best hotel in town.

Thanks again to Mr. M and all of the Sands team!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a fantastic sea view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The team at Sands Resort never fail to deliver !
We enjoyed a fabulous Christmas Party Night again this year, fantastic food, first class service, excellent accommodation and a location and view that dreams are made of.
Nothing is too much trouble, particular thanks to Leeanne, Tom & Martin who go out of their way to ensure not only the smooth operation of the whole event, but are also there to welcome you with warm smile
The whole experience is always a pleasure, myself & my team are already looking forward to next year

Thanks Guys, you deserve it :)

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are amazing, watching the rollers come in off the Atlantic are breath taking
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Happy children= happy adults.
Contemporary suite a comfortable and spacious area for us (2 adults 2 under 4s) to relax. We never heard any noise from our neighbours.
Visited October half term. Even though it was busy we cannot fault the level of service or facilities on offer. They really have thought of everything.
We were impressed by the food- plenty of selection at breakfast, children's teas exactly up their street, and child free adult dining felt very luxurious, decent portions too.
Will return.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank chic_chick84
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We have been staying at Sands at least once a year since 2003 and I can't imagine having a holiday anywhere else. It's not particularly cheap but given that the food quality, the staff and the location are all excellent and I feel like I have had a relaxing time at the end of my holiday it's money well spent.
We stayed in a Pool Suite which was clean, quiet and comfortable and had excellent views across the countryside at the rear of the hotel. The staff, without exception, have always been friendly and helpful and I think is what makes the hotel such a special place that we want to keep returning to.
The hotel is in an enviable location, a short walk from beautiful quiet beaches and coastal walks. The facilities at the hotel mean that there is always something to do, such as the 9 hole pitch 'n' putt, an indoor and outdoor pool, table tennis, a maze and plenty of places around the hotel where you can just sit quietly and relax.
We have just booked for 2014 and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Me & my daughter recently had a 2 night stay here to attend a wedding.
Everything about this hotel was truly wonderful. The disabled room was excellent for my daughter's needs. It was spacious, extremely clean with lots of storage space. The food here was plentiful & delicious. The staff were, without exception, friendly, polite & very helpful. We would like to say a very special thank you to Amy who gave us a warm welcome & was always willing to answer our questions. She made our stay very special. We thoroughly recommend this hotel.
Jane & becki dignam

Room Tip: Just explain what your individual or family needs are & the hotel will (in my experience) do their very best to meet them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends