We have recently come back from a wonderful week at the Sands with our two kids aged 3 and almost 6.We originally booked for 6 nights but enjoyed it so much we stayed 1 more.
Our room, 66 (includes 65 & 64) was an apartment suite and was very comfortable with a superking bed for us and a decent size twin room for the kids plus 2 ensuites and a living room with room enough to sit/play. The room was actually nicer than the photos and was spotlessly clean and had a lovely sea view.
From our arrival to our departure the service we received was fantastic - all the staff were friendly and helpful especially the staff at front desk who were always ready to help with a smile. We were very impressed.
The play room is a little dark but is very clean and the kids loved the toys and soft play. They also really enjoyed the evening activities in particular circus skills which we all enjoyed. The pool was clean and warm - my only complaint is it would be great to have 2 more more shower heads in the communal showers (big space but only 1 shower). We also enjoyed the outdoor play areas - the sandpit, maze etc.
Food was also good. Breakfast was fine - a good selection, not exceptional but decent - but the adults evening meals were delicious and amazing value (we were DB&B but even at £22 it was good value). My husband and I like our food and have high standards and we were so surprised by the quality of the food - it really was a highlight of the trip. Since we got back we went to a Michelin starred pub and thought the food wasn't any better than the Sands despite one course costing the same as 3. It really is that good and there wasn't a canteen feel at night. We could have done with some variation in background music though! The service at dinner was very good too and so friendly (thank you Sue, Chloe and Lilly). The kids food wasn't quite the same standard but fresh and tasty and my kids were very happy (the turkey pie was delicious).
We did use the baby listening (after checking it out first) and felt comfortable with it. It is all one building and all but the main door are locked after 7pm (and always someone on reception).
We did go on a quiet week so I don't know what it would be like high season but we would not hesitate to go back. A very relaxing stay - it is hard to find a holiday that feels like a holiday when you have small kids but this did and we loved it. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall