We went with high expectations. To keep it brief there wer several good things about the place. Certainly the restaurant is very child friendly as pretty much every one eats together and whilst noisy, you can't expect anything else. And the food is consistently good. Play areas outside were good, well maintained, high standard and excellent views out the back. Bar etc in hotel although we didn't use looked very pleasant . Down sides were the room was disappointing (Pool Suite), bit drab. No windows apart from sliding doors out to balcony - little or no air and very warm. Beds were awful. Location of hotel was good if you like walking along cliff top to the beaches which we did on several occasions. Coastline really nice although beaches not fantastic. Grat fior younger shildren especially if you have 2 or more as everyone is in the same boat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall