We normally go self catering but decided to try bed, breakfast and dinner at Sands. Room was lovely (No31) and ideal for two adults (sea views from our bed) and for our 16 year old son who had his own twin bedded area with a door separating him from us. The highlight for us was the food. Three course meal every night of amazing quality. We are great fans of the TV programme Masterchef and felt as though we had dropped in to an episode. The separate adult only eating area was blissfully quiet. Hotel staff so friendly, polite and helpful. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and our room was cleaned every day. The free use of wetsuits and body boards was a real bonus and needed in the chilly Atlantic waters. Would certainly recommend this hotel. There is also lots to do for younger children if you have them. Many thanks to all the staff who made our stay so pleasant and a special thank you to the young staff members who welcomed our son into their football match for a couple of hours during their mid day break - it was the highlight of the week for him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall