We stayed here for 4 nights in peak season (the weekend of Boardfest) with our 2 kids aged 6 & 3. Without doubt, this is the best family hotel we've stayed in. A key feature for us was the room layout; most of the rooms have a separate sleeping area for the kids. Bliss! Plans of room layouts can be viewed online, which is really handy. Also the free baby listening service was amazing. Our children loved the kids's clubs, which again gave the grown ups quality time. The hotel is obviously geared towards youngish kids and nothing has been overlooked. Even when it's fully booked, the hotel never feels busy. There were never queues and we were able to book activities at short notice. Prices in the bar are really reasonable and most on-sight facilities are free, so there are no hidden charges. In fact, you could quite easily never leave the hotel whilst spending very little money. There's so much for young kids to do. The dining system worked great for us. Kids teas are served from 4:45pm and are buffet style. There was always plenty of choice, including fruit and veg. Then we packed our kids off to kids' club or used the baby listening service and enjoyed dinner in the adults only dining room. As anyone with young kids will know, the usual let down of a family friendly hotel is the food, but this isn't the case at Sands...I would say it's fine(ish!) dining meets school canteen efficiency. This is perfect for families. I have high standards when it comes to dining and used to work in the industry. Even I was impressed! Lastly, the best bit about the hotel were the staff; without exception, they were friendly, polite, helpful and seemed to genuinely enjoy their job. They could not do enough for you, especially the guys at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall