The exterior of the hotel looks a little run down, but the interior is modern, clean and roomy. We stayed in a sea view - wow what a view! The (comtemporary) rooms are great, we had two teenagers and it was still spacious. PS2/DVD great little extras! Food can be fussy/posh, it is good but we felt not enough choice was offered. The waiters however, cant do enough for you, they go out of their way to make you happy. The hotel provides a 'great wall' of local attractions/best beaches/restaurant recommendations. The hotel hires out wetsuits etc. They are associted with a local activity centre that is fabulous (kayaking a must). Their only downfall is evenings are geared towards the under 7's or over 50's. The staff ALWAYS have a smile, they are polite, helpful, we would say they make your stay a pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall