We are a family of five with kids aged 8, 5 and 2. The Sands is less than a 10 minute cab ride (5 pound cab ride) from the rail station. We didn't have a car, but found getting around by cab or bus a breeze (Western Greyhound bus #556 stops about 50 yards down the road). The hotel is not in the center of town, which is a good thing as it's in a quiet stretch just north of the town.
The resort itself is exceptionally child friendly, with very friendly staff. The indoor pool is not huge, but great for the kids (and there's a small wading pool as well). For adults, there is a small hot tub and sauna in which you need to reserve your own slot (never a problem). There's also a small chip and putt (longest hole is 88 yards), a mini golf course (asphalt), a small football field and a tennis court (asphalt). There's also a playground, a small maze, and a zip cord ride - all of which the kids loved.
The rooms were clean, and smartly designed with an additional sink outside the bathroom. Our room had a water view, which we thought was worth the extra money as the sunsets were absolutely amazing. The rooms also had dvd players, 2 tv's and free internet access.
We only had breakfast at the restaurant, which was basically cereal, fruit, eggs, beans, sausages, croissants / breads and tea / coffee. There is also organic baby food for infants, which is a nice touch. It did get a bit tired by the 4th / 5th day - but that's probably to be expected.
Overall, we had a great time and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall