Sands is a family resort hotel. If you have young children, then you should really consider a stay here. If you don't have children, then I suspect somewhere else might be more appropriate for you.
Our rooms were huge: a large master room with massive bed, lounge, twin room for the children and two en suites. All had sea views (the sea is 100 yards away, across the road). They thought of everything: high chairs, cots, microwave and fridge in the room, safety plug protectors, the rooms were even wired up to a baby listening system (one person behind the desk was dedicated to listening to this).
Also important to us: the food was first rate. My wife was worried the children's food might be fish fingers etc and chips, but nothing like that in sight - everything home made, like lasagne or noodles following by home made rice pudding. The adult food also excellent, lots of local things to choose, all well cooked, and there was a good choice of wines with sensible price tags.
Like all hotels, it isn't perfect. We were disappointed to find the internet didn't extend to our room, and that the Sunday paper we had pre-booked didn't turn up. Also the pillows were a bit like sandbags! But frankly all that disappeared into insignificance, with the friendliness of the staff and their eagerness to fix things and ensure you have a good break.
We were pleasantly surprised to find we could borrow beach stuff (windbreaks for example) and buggies - and no charge - and the parking spaces were really wide - helpful when unloading little children.
The views across the sea were stunning, and we loved watching the surfers in the sunsets. Porth beach is less than a ten min walk away and is lovely. Very easy to see how this hotel scores so highly on Trip Advisor. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall