As part of a tour around the south of England , my husband and I decided to spend two nights in Newquay. En route from Brighton I phoned the Sands and was told that there were rooms available. I gave my credit card details and happily agreed to the £128 per room per night rate as the pleasant chap on the other end of the phone assured me that it was a quiet, truly luxury hotel.
Having just spent the previous night at the Grand in Brighton (a proper 4 star hotel), we were disappointed from the moment we walked in to the tacky, plastic and grubby reception. It got worse...
The receptionist handed us the room key and sent us to carry our luggage down the corridors and up the staircases (past empty beer glasses and dead flies on a dusty windowsill) to a dismal, (albeit family) room with the filthiest balcony I have ever seen. I felt positively sick and my husband's expression was enough for me to say, 'no way am I staying at this dump'.
So here we are in the middle of Newquay with nowhere to stay, having forked out £256 for two nights and now the receptionist says we must pay for two-thirds of the price of the first night. Of course I was livid and told them so. But I could not get out of that place quick enough.
This is not a luxury hotel, in any sense of the word. It is a poor relation to the Butlins holiday camp of the sixties and I cannot believe how anyone could possibly think of it as 'five star' - if it scored two stars I would be surprised. Everything about this place is completely naff . And yet, on Trip Advisor, the Sands gets fabulous reviews, which is why I booked it in the first place, so beware readers and be aware! Don't be hoodwinked.
I always check out Trip Advisor and this is the first time I have been completely misled.
In fairness, the manager did send me a very apologetic email and promised to refund what I paid in full, which is just as well as we would not have let the matter rest.
So where did we stay in the end?
We headed for the Headlands Hotel and it was just perfect - a real hotel with real service and much worth the small extra we paid.
It makes me wonder who are these people who praise the Sands? Have they no standards?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall