Narrowcliff Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Newquay
See available hotels
  • Pool
Marina Hotel(Newquay)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Eliot Hotel(Newquay)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews on here, I was a little anxious about staying here but was pleasantly surprised. Okay, its' not the Marriott but with the deal we got with National Holidays I wasn't expecting it either.

We got lucky by getting a room facing the front offering stunning view of the sea and beach - you could just lie in bed and stay out to sea. O think our's was a family room (we're a couple) as there was an adjoining single room which we used a dressing room. The room was clean and roomy enough and had everything that we need.

The staff are friendly and chatty. We're on a half board basis. Breakfast was a choice of cereals with toast etc. then english breakfast - this was a bit stingy with only one sausage and one rasher of bacon but it was cooked well and more then adequate.

Dinner tended to be standard British stodge which I guess keeps the mainly older clientale happy. There are 3 courses so you will be full, just don't expect your taste buds to be tantalised.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Great sea views, Tolcarne beach is literally across the road down some steps and there are some lovely cliff walks opposite the hotel. You can walk into town in 10 minutes so you have everything close to hand.

Would I stay again? Maybe...yes for the location and price but not for the food.

Room Tip: Try to get a seaview room - well worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ranbir S
Reviewed 2 June 2013

At the end of May I stayed at this Hotel in Cornwall to see family and friends. I had a single room and was not expecting much as I was able to get the room for £35 per night including breakfast over the half term holidays. The hotel is in a really good location as you are able to walk into Newquay. The staff where excellent always friendly and very helpful, the breakfast was good with a reasonable selection.It had a small bar which was OK and free wifi, what let it down was the room itself it was old tired and needs redecorating, it also wasn't very clean and noisy. If you aren't looking for any thing special and merely a place to stay then this Hotel is good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert N
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I just came back from a stag do and this was our place of stay.

I have mixed feelings about the hotel although they are mainly good ones. It was pretty much perfect for a weekend stag do because the hotel was cheap and you wouldn't want anything too nice when rolling around at 4am blind drunk.

The staff were very friendly which is fairly unexpected when you are a group of 18 lads. Service with a smile.This is where the positive review stops.

The room was super standard and pokey and the en-suite bathroom was laughably small. Never before have I been able to adjust a shower head and flush the toilet at the same time. Do not look underneath the bed. I suggest if you lose a sock that you do not look under the bed for it because it will be well and truly gone for good. As for the bed itself luckily comfort was not an issue because I was so inebriated but I'd compare the bed to an ironing board; for size, comfort and sturdiness. It was quite fun walking to your room every night too, almost crystal maze-esque.

The breakfast pretty much sealed the deal. I had some pretty nasty concoctions of drinks over the weekend and they didn't make me gag anywhere near as badly as the breakfast did. I'd never wrung a piece of fried bread before this weekend.

For stag and hen do's this place gets 5 stars, but if you take the missus expect to be in the dog house when you get back.

Thoroughly enjoyed my weekend.

Dan

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My wife and i have been on a holiday with Sunrise Direct. The coach,driver, and excursions were great the only thing to let this holiday down was the hotel.The room (123) had ripped wall paper,hole in bathroom door,cracked shower tray,missing mirror,burn holes in toilet floor,cobwebbs and dust everywhere. We had to go to reception to get toilet roll, no coffee in the room.The food was so bad that we went out to eat on two nights of our four night stay.The cups in the dinning room were brown inside.This hotel is tired and in great need of refurbishment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The Narrowcliff Hotel is located on the sea front and over looks Tolcarne beach and is a short walk (5 - 10 minutes) from the main shopping area. It has a lift, restaurant, bar and communal seating area.
We stayed in room 219 which is a reasonable sized double with a small shower room in the corner. It was very clean and comfortable, it had tea and coffee facilities and had a decent sized TV with freeview. The shower room was small but had everything we needed. The loo roll was good quality (not the usual cheap stuff!) and there was plenty of it. The shower was fantastic (very powerful and had an adjustable head). The view from the window was overlooking a carpark. We didn't hear any noise from the carpark.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and would go out of there way to ensure you enjoyed your stay. There wasn't any entertainment put on as there was only 16 guests staying at the hotel but we did have the option of going a few doors down the road to the Marina Hotel to see their entertainment. Drinks could still be purchased at the bar.
Meal times weren't great for us. The evening meal was at 7pm which for myself and my 4 year old daughter was far too late. The food was of a good standard with a reasonable selection. The evening meal had to be ordered at breakfast time. We only had the fruit juice option for our starters every night and we were always down early for our meals yet we always seemed to be the last to get our main course which was a bit annoying! The hotel staff did go out of their way to make fish fingers and chicken nuggets for my daughter which was good of them and we appreciated it. There was a desert buffet but you couldn't help yourself.
We stayed at this hotel as part of a National Holidays package. The journey to and from Newquay was very pleasant. The trips to the Eden Project and Truro / Falmouth were fantastic! The drivers were very knowledgeable, approachable and professional and went out of their way to make sure we all enjoyed our holiday. I expected the trips to be direct from A to B in silence but their knowledge of the area was great and and kept us interested throughout! We have met some lovely people and been to some outstanding places and it has been excellent value for money. We did enjoy our stay at the Narrowcliff hotel and would definitely go back and if you want a really good shower I would recommend room 219!

Room Tip: Request a shower when booking if you need one (room 219 has a great shower :-) )
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family